This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99 Nl50 Sh

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Diamond
      Opponent 36/9/8/33 hands. Have no other valuable information.
      Ussually i raise such stupid donk bets, because it can mean anything. But his time i got lost because raise almost commits me.
      When i look to this hand know i think i should have raised, because all draws are in his range and he wll coninue with them.
      But this thought gets me more confused, because of 2 overs on board.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($45.15)
      Hero (BB) ($50.75)
      UTG ($52.50)
      MP ($38.50)
      Button ($29.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, Button calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) 7, 10, Q (2 players)
      Button bets $2, Hero folds

Total pot: $4.50 | Rake: $0.20
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      A raise doesn't really commit you. If you raise to $7, there's still $20 effective behind. That's far from being commited.

First time around somebod donks into you, I think you should generally raise. A donkbet is just very seldom a strong made hand. First time around, just raise him and see how he reacts. If he folds, raise him again next time, and yet again and again, until he adjusts
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless you're planning on calling a shove with 3rd pair against a pure draw (which i don't recommend by the way), pot committment doesn't really concern you here, you're still deep enough to find a fold after raising.

I'd just repop him right there to get a read on his donks and try to check it down afterward if he calls, expecting to be good somewhat often against missed draws.

Hope it helps.