[NL20-NL50] 99 Nl50 Sh

• VytenisN
      VytenisN
      Bronze
      Opponent 36/9/8/33 hands. Have no other valuable information.
      Ussually i raise such stupid donk bets, because it can mean anything. But his time i got lost because raise almost commits me.
      When i look to this hand know i think i should have raised, because all draws are in his range and he wll coninue with them.
      But this thought gets me more confused, because of 2 overs on board.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($45.15)
      Hero (BB) ($50.75)
      UTG ($52.50)
      MP ($38.50)
      Button ($29.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9
      Hero bets $2, 2 folds, Button calls $1.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) 7, 10, Q (2 players)
      Button bets $2, Hero folds

Total pot: $4.50 | Rake: $0.20
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      A raise doesn't really commit you. If you raise to $7, there's still $20 effective behind. That's far from being commited.

First time around somebod donks into you, I think you should generally raise. A donkbet is just very seldom a strong made hand. First time around, just raise him and see how he reacts. If he folds, raise him again next time, and yet again and again, until he adjusts
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Unless you're planning on calling a shove with 3rd pair against a pure draw (which i don't recommend by the way), pot committment doesn't really concern you here, you're still deep enough to find a fold after raising.

I'd just repop him right there to get a read on his donks and try to check it down afterward if he calls, expecting to be good somewhat often against missed draws.

Hope it helps.