Sit and go 10$ downsing (full tilt)

• tevere
      tevere
      Bronze
      well, i wanted to never have to use a forum but finallyi figure it helps.

the question i ask: what is a big downswing in SNG's and what is a good strategy to play these games profitably and ofcourse howw much profut can a decent player make?
      i recently got huge bad beats , AA vs QQ , QQ hits quads, lost all big aces to small aces in allin situations. i usualy play very tight and losen up when i am close to the money; of course i will go allin with big hands against bad players at any time; i'll take an 80-20 situation (i think it's profitable)

another bad thing that happens to me is that every one starts to tighten up before the money and of course i make some plays, and get coolers, especialy if it's 4 handed ( 3 places are getting payed) and the blinds are very big and i have 10 BB left at the most and i go allin for example with AJ i bump into QQ or AK or a cooler most of time.

how can i get rid of situations like that ?
      i made o good run with 5$ sngs won about 500$ i switched to 10$ sng won up to 700 and lost to 450. switched back to 5$ , made about 700$ and switched up again to 10$ a moth ago, and now i have 1100$, after i lost about 100$ in 2 days.

the final question is : is my strategy the best, am i having a dowswing or what's wrong because i play for a week now and can't make profit, i lose i win i win i lose and i'm frustrated i can't win anymore. help!
  • 1 reply
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Depends on how much you play.

I for example play 8 games a day (I play 1$), two sessions of 4-tabling. And for a downswing, it's normal to hit 10 BI downswings. It's rarer to see 20BI downswings.

Just keep playing well. AJ ai when the blinds are pressuring you is fine play. What's not broken don't fix. Just check the hands that you lost, whether it was because of your bad play (not saying that you make bad plays) or because the villain got lucky.