Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,50
      BU:
      $10,10

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , Q:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,12, Hero raises to $0,40, BB folds, BU calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,84) 8:heart: , A:heart: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, BU calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,44) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,15, BU calls $1,15.

River: ($4,74) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $2,15 (All-In), BU calls $2,15.

Final Pot: $9,04

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As Qc)
      BU shows a pair of aces (Ac Td)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (As Qc)

did i play right ? i know he could have had AK, because he raised, but he looked very loose. on the river i shoved, cause i saw myself pot commited anyway.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Always rebuy to at least 100bb.

I think you played it fine as far as your actions are concerned, he probably won't fold Ax ever and given the draws (which he is loose enough to have) and him being passive (meaning he won't put money in himself if you don't) you just want to bet all the way into him for value.

The only interesting thing is probably your bet sizing. I assume you c-bet full pot on the flop because the board looked drawy, so why suddenly make it less than half pot on the turn when the board became even more drawy ? I think you wanted to make sure he wasn't folding anything, which is fine as long as you plan on shoving ANY river for value, you can't try to milk him and then suddenly be afraid on a bad river.

Still since that guy likely doesn't get pot committment and isn't ever folding Ax, i would bet the turn strong again to get value from draws, even if it makes for ultra weird stack sizes on the river. We're shoving the river anyway if we're beat so be it, if not i want to get as much money in as possible when he's still drawing.

Hope it helps.
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      Thanks. very helped on all 3 posts.