Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3,68
      MP3:
      $5,68

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,16, MP3 calls $0,16, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,38) 8:heart: , K:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,37, MP3 raises to $0,74, Hero raises to $1,94, MP3 calls $1,20.

Turn: ($4,26) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1,58 (All-In), MP3 calls $1,58.

River: ($7,42) A:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7,42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Td)
      MP3 shows high card ace with king kicker (Jh 4h)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kc Td)

did i play right ? he reraised me once a few hands back. too bad i cant see exact stats, cause i use trial expired elephant, but he looked very loose and agressive.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Always rebuy to at least 100bb.

Fold KTo preflop from UTG unless your table is full of nits that fold all the time, it's just a bad hand to play out of position, you'll get in many ugly spots where you have a top pair but people have you outkicked and stuff, it's not worth the trouble. I think i would even prefer raising trash from UTG to exploit a nitty table, at least you don't have bad reverse implied odds with those hands.

As played you get called by a VERY aggressive VERY loose fish. You flop TPGK, and you'll have to decide right away if you're going to go broke or not with that hand against that player. Again a situation where having a middling kicker can make you uncomfortable : you only beat K9/K6-, the latter still possible but surely less likely than the KJ+/K8/K7 that beat you, even for that guy.

Still given his stats and the board texture, i think you have to treat this as the nuts against him. The board is somewhat drawy, he could have a flushdraw, a straight draw, some weird combo of the two, worse Kx, 8x/7x might even be enough for him here.

You c-bet full pot, which is fine. He minraises you on the flop, which i assume he a common line for that guy given his AF (even over a small sample 4 AF for 66 VPIP is somewhat insane), he might do that with any piece. You won't be happy seeing a lot of turn cards, and that guy probably won't fold a draw on the flop, nor will he fold Kx and maybe not even worse made hands, so 3betting him and getting it in is fine. Given the stack sizes and your opponent I don't even think 3betting small or shoving it in will make a difference, so even shoving is fine.

As played when he just calls that doesn't change anything, you're committed especially on any turn, i'd also shove the rest of the money in.

Hope it helps.