$3.30
      CO:
      $5.43
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB(Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.24) K, A, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB raises to $0.3, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.84) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($2.44) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB raises to $2.08(All-In), Hero calls $2.08.

Final Pot: $6.60.

i think that if he is doing this for bluff i get value by just calling.

if no i'm losing a lot.

how can i react in a situation like that?
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

In those situations reads alone will basically decide the way you should play it. How does he act in blind battles ? Is he aggressive overall ? What hands does he consider worth going broke with ? Do they change given the SBvsBB situation ?

If you know absolutely nothing except that he doesn't have a 100bb stack, which mostly rules out any serious tag, c-betting that flop is fine, and you obviously can't fold to the minraise. 3betting right there with a 9 kicker would probably be pushing it without knowing the guy, so even tho it's uncomfortable because we're out of position, calling is probably best.

On the turn, you make two pairs and most of the time you will have to consider that as the nuts SBvsBB against unknowns, if he has AK/AA/KK(which he would probably 3bet preflop) or 55, it's a cooler, nothing you can do. He will however probably call you again with any Ax hand, maybe even a stubborn Kx, a random flush draw or gutshot like JT, and probably even stuff we can't imagine if he's bad enough.

From there since you plan to go broke anyway and you can't really expect an unknown to be running multistreets bluffs that often, i would concentrate on getting worse made hands and draws all-in immediately by leading again the turn big (two flush draws on the board) and getting it in right there if he so wishes. If he just calls i'm still shoving any river because worse hands will still call, even tho i wouldn't be delighted on a club river.

Hope it helps.
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      he completed an amazing backdoor fd...

no problem, as i stacked him little hands after =D

tamair, thanks a lot for the comments.

regards,