Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) IPoker
      SB ($50)
      BB ($53.14)
      UTG ($35.79)
      Hero ($88.29)
      BTN ($58.85)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

UTG raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, BTN raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $4.25,

FLOP ($14.50) 5:diamond: 8:spade: 5:spade:

check, BTN bets $9, Hero calls $9,

TURN ($32.50) 5:diamond: 8:spade: 5:spade: 9:club:

check, BTN bets $12, Hero raises to $73.29, BTN folds,

BTN 30/23/6.5 3 bet - 7.7% w 88 hands

I was thinking that BTN was trying to squeeze. Don't know what should I do for BTN turn bet - it looks really weak. I don't think he would call / bet river so I pushed to make it look like a steal. Any thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Does look like a squeeze. Almost certainly has only A-high air with that weak turn bet. Only other hand that makes any sense there is 99. The piddly turn bet feels like a wierd attempt to block a float, or maybe a bizzare attempt to get you to fold AK/AQ, which is the only hands you could possibly hold that you could fold to that bet at this point...

Just call it and donk out the turn. Hope the villain catches something he can call with. If the turn is a blank, make it a small donk that ace high might call, like $10 (pot $56.50). If the turn is a picture or an ace, make it a moderate donk that a pair of whatever it is could call - like $15-20. If the flush hits, shove. Nut flush (most probable given he 3bet PF) would call.

Edit - obviously in the above paragraph by "turn" i mean "river" :)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Maybe just c/r flop. If you c/c a squeeze pot, on a drawy flop OOP, villain has to give you a shitload of credit.

c/r and get him to shove his draws and overpairs, which he will on a squeezed pot. A draw could easily check behind on the turn though and muck river unhit.

Also if he has something like 99 or TT, there are a bunch of scare cards that can show up on the turn, killing the action.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it could be squueze but what you´re going to do when you don´t hit your set :) for that reasons I like to fold oop.
      as played: c/c turn, give him chance to bluff or valuebet with overpairs on the river.