NL Holdem $0.50(BB) IPoker
      SB ($58.61)
      BB ($67.03)
      UTG ($52.97)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($9.25)
      Hero ($62.87)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $2, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.50, SB calls $6.25, fold, fold,

FLOP ($15.50) A:heart: Q:heart: 9:club:

check, check,

TURN ($15.50) A:heart: Q:heart: 9:club: 7:spade:

SB bets $12, Hero calls $12,

RIVER ($39.50) A:heart: Q:heart: 9:club: 7:spade: A:club:

SB bets $40.11, Hero ???

SB 31/23/5 fold to 3 bet 50% fold to Cbet 50% 140 hands. Makes all sort of laggy tricks.
  • 8 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Why are you checking behind on the flop? Even more so why check behind the flop against a laggart?

TPTK isnt so strong as to be slowplayed IP.

As played with exposed trips you are calling the river against a lagger. You gave up your only chance to get away against a set (full house) on the flop, where you could have easily played a bet-fold line to a massive raise.

Personally id have bet-shove. TPTK with AK is nuts for mine in 3bet pot, where villain flatted to my 3bet.
    • wafflecop
      wafflecop
      Global
      I was thinking what could have flat called my 3 bet OOP - and came with the anwser QQ+, or mainly QQ as I would expect 4 bet from AA/KK from this opponent, but tere is some chance that he wants to slowplay it. So given the cards I know - I have 3 QQ and 1 AA combination that I loose on this flop, 3 KK that I have beat.

I don't think I will get any value from KK if I bet this flop. Both other hands can check-call flop since they are so strong they can slowplay. And I won't get any info, and since I 3 bet IP by checking I can represent KQ/JJ or just a bluff 3 bet.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      31/23 probably flats to 3bet alot wider than QQ+, but odd given its a full cold call, not a 2bet-call situation. Would depend on if youd seen him make this strange play often before I guess.

You are right, there arnt alot of worse hands he can still have that can call you on that flop. Then again im not betting the flop to be called, im betting it to end the pot. I dont want to look silly calling down his turned set of 7s :)

At least with a flop bet you effectively buy your way to the river against a slowplayer *or* a way to escape against a raise. If the villain calls the flop then donks the turn its no real difference from a check-raise here and you can muck with confidence. So when the villain checks the turn hoping to either call another bet or even raise, you disappoint him with a check behind.

Im not sure you could get away from that river then though. Pretty gross card for us. Makes us want to call even if we think we are losing to a QQ boat.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'm probably trying to get it in on the flop versus this guy. He probably calls AJ and AT preflop and I wouldn't be surprised to see him going with it.
      There's no way I'm checking behind though.

Just go with your hand. If he has AQ or A9 or QQ, good for him =)

You can't check behind there IMO. It looks a lot more suspicious if you check behind than if you cbet. Who doesn't cbet an A high board in that spot?

As a general line, TP/TK or better on 3bet pot = nuts.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I'm probably trying to get it in on the flop versus this guy. He probably calls AJ and AT preflop and I wouldn't be surprised to see him going with it.
      There's no way I'm checking behind though.

Just go with your hand. If he has AQ or A9 or QQ, good for him =)

You can't check behind there IMO. It looks a lot more suspicious if you check behind than if you cbet. Who doesn't cbet an A high board in that spot?

As a general line, TP/TK or better on 3bet pot = nuts.
      +1

as played, install shove/call river, against his range you are ahead
    • wafflecop
      wafflecop
      Global
      Opponent had QQ, the card I thought of most, but as Jaissica wrote - I had to call on that river. I'm suprised that none of you gave him credit for a hand.

And as I don't like to waste money - no it's not "good for him" :D
      I would still like to keep half of my stack from this hand since I couldn't win with those cards ;)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I made a mistake in my evaluation actually. Lack of attention =/ Sorry for that.
      I read the hand as if you were playing vs the UTG guy. I didn't notice SB CC your 3b.

When that guy CC a 3b OOP like that, I insta put him on 99+ or AQ. Sometimes AJ. I'd probably play it like you did, as I'm not afraid of a flush draw here. I mean, what FD could he be holding?

It's WA/WB for me. Check flop behind, call the turn, but you can probably fold river, as he has you beat more often than not and I wouldn't think he'd try a bluff on that card.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d bet flop for value, since I think he can flat there a wider range than qq+ (he should actually 4-bet there a lot of times with QQ+), since he is oop.
      I´d also call river, since your hand doesn´t seem like trips with top kicker, so he can easily shove there with busted draw or Ax