Dealt to Hero 2:club: 2:spade:

SB raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold,

FLOP ($3.75) K:club: J:diamond: 2:heart:

check, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50,

TURN ($8.75) K:club: J:diamond: 2:heart: T:club:

check, Hero bets $6, SB raises to $15.50, Hero calls $9.50,

RIVER ($39.75) K:club: J:diamond: 2:heart: T:club: K:diamond:

SB bets $61.24, Hero calls $29.75,

Opponent 59/52/2.7 po 30 rękach he didn't appear to play something stupid but obviously tried to bully.
  • 8 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      SB acting UTG preflop? Something isnt right here...

Anyway.

What could the villain have had to check-call the flop? Thats not a slowplay, because a slowplay would check raise, so we can rule out KQ, AK, and probably AJ.

AQ perhaps?

Anyway the only hands that beat you on the river are KK, JJ and TT. All of them are horribly misplayed if that is what the villain holds.

Really the only hand that makes any sense to have played this way is AQ. No way you can lay your set at any point as you have draw odds to call that $9 raise on the turn. NH WP.
    • wafflecop
      wafflecop
      Global
      Yeah it was UTG, something was messed up.
      Why aren't you considering KJ/KT in opponents range?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Actually with 59/52 villain that makes K2 a hand I didnt consider too, as well as your KJ / KT. K2s is definately in a 52% raising range :)

K2 and KJ might play that way... given the flop is dry. KT I dont think the villain could slowplay on the flop.

I dont think it changes your lines here though. Even if you think its a strong chance villain has 2 pair on the turn there is no reason to shove it, as there is also a good chance of this villain bluff-raising you with hands that he wont call a turn shove with but will bet-shove on the river. Even better there arnt many draws for him to have.

QQ is also a possible hand to play this way. Check-calls the king high flop, check-raises as a bluff-with-outs OESD, shoves the river when the second king makes you holding a king much less likely...
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica

QQ is also a possible hand to play this way. Check-calls the king high flop, check-raises as a bluff-with-outs OESD, shoves the river when the second king makes you holding a king much less likely...
      Why does he shove QQ when it's less likely that Hero has a K? What better hands does he fold when the "worst better hand" hero can have here is a random K and is probably calling.
      And there's no value in shoving QQ as he can't expect to be called by something like QJ or TJ.

Calling the turn is an option, but I prefer you might as well just shove. Although there's something to be said about letting him bluff shove river, that doesn't happen all that often AND he can have many draws here on the turn. Once he c/r his draw, he's likely willing to go broke with them.

If he doesn't have a draw, a draw completing card might kill the action. If he has a draw, a non draw completing card might kill the action =)
      I think there's more value in shoving turn.

If it were a spot where he hardly ever has a draw, I'd probably just call turn. But in this spot, I'd rather shove.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Originally posted by Jaissica

Why does he shove QQ when it's less likely that Hero has a K? What better hands does he fold when the "worst better hand" hero can have here is a random K and is probably calling.
      And there's no value in shoving QQ as he can't expect to be called by something like QJ or TJ.
      Same reason he slowplays with c-c flop c-r turn. Same reason he plays 59% of hands. Villain is an idiot :)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      lol :D That might be a good reason. But then he probalby doesn't even know how many K's there are in the deck anyway.

Don't you like c/c flop, c/r turn BTW?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Not as PFA. Only reason I know to play c/c, c/r as PFA is youve hit a monster against a bad maniac on a bone dry board (A72 rainbow w/ AA)...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think once he decides to c/r on the turn, it is not a bluff, so sicne you beat two pair hands I prefer just shoving. I doubt he´d be folding there anything which he c/r on the turn, unless he made some kind of move