[NL20-NL50] nl50 sh J9

• BloodyB
      BloodyB
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 185119
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $58.10
      MP: $52.60
      CO: $46.85
      BTN: $63.80
      SB: $50.25
      Hero (BB): $71.55

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 9 :heart: J :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) J :club: 4 :club: 9 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets $3.50, Hero raises to $10.50, MP folds, BTN calls $7

Turn: ($26.50) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15, BTN raises to $51.55 all in, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

V: 13/11/inf/0 99h
  • 5 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah... I doubt you can be ahead here.. Best to fold this one.

I wouldn't call it pre-flop though. That hand OOP sucks. I'm only calling if BU is very fishy and is likely to pay me off when I hit.

Squeezing is a possibility depending on villains
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since BU would also likely shove there with overpair+flushdraw I think bet/call is better than bet/fold on the turn
      I would personally call pf with with J9s, since it plays ok postflop and if you hit big, then likely you also get paid.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Since BU would also likely shove there with overpair+flushdraw I think bet/call is better than bet/fold on the turn
      I would personally call pf with with J9s, since it plays ok postflop and if you hit big, then likely you also get paid.

But how often does BU have an overpair here? Next to never. Maybe brodway with J + :club: But then would he really shove here? He's obviously behind if he gets called.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

But how often does BU have an overpair here? Next to never. Maybe brodway with J + :club: But then would he really shove here? He's obviously behind if he gets called.
      yes, that´s true that he is behind with JJ+ when you call his shove, but what would you do there with JJ+ with flushdraw.
      When you call pot is 56$ and you´re have to call river 36$, so you get very good odds to call even on blank river hoping that player has some kind of bluff, but imo players don´t usually wait river to make crying call.
      But I could also mistake and players woudl call turn/fold river with overpair+flushdraws at that spot.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      But I think that he has overpair there very rarely, due to pre flop action. Of course he could have slowplayed a big pair pre flop, but he'll 3bet it preflop most often. I think the only possible hands that villain has that we beat are A :club: Jx or K :club: Jx
      And I'm not sure villain would semi bluff this with a pair + draw, since hero showed a ton of strength by c/r multiway flop and betting turn again on a 3 suited board.
      I really think it's very often made flush, since a set would have probably shoved flop

I think it's way too close and we can't be sure this is +EV