downswings are hillarious at times

• RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      i love the downswing days, i have to say when they come they are quite funny and that is the best way to deal with em i reckon. You can play as best you can and you just know that you can't get away from it.

Pocket Jacks hitting a set then making a full house only to discover you've been cold called by pocket Aces and he makes a bigger full house - Didn't see that one coming. Hillarious.

Your flush is bigger than my flush - always the same on these days. I have king high with just 3 spades on the board, oh wait..you have ace high. Chances are slim but on days like today, love it lol :D

So many more examples of this, but thats me vented.
  • 7 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Yup I look at them in similar way and just wait for them to end.
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      in fairness, my 2 examples the people who beat me had beter hands..but you just really dont expect that to be the case the way the cards come and your oppenent plays it etc.

like why is it the guy with 56 Vip and pf raise of 40 holding the aces and then decides not to raise pf. deceptive bastards.

anyway, i appear to be out of it, even won 2BI in a freeplay with my 33 making a set and getting 2 calls for my all in. $15 thankyou very much
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Thats not the worse of it. I cant stand it when you hit flush but the same card that gave you the flush, gives someone else the full house.......GRRRRRRRRRRR
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I especially love it when you start a new day trying to convince yourself "OK, downswing is all in my head... I'm gonna focus and kick some ass today!"... and then in your first big pot you flop a K-high flush against a fish and you value bet him for 3 streets, only to call his river shove and find out he's flopped an A-high flush with A3s :(
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      I especially love it when you start a new day trying to convince yourself "OK, downswing is all in my head... I'm gonna focus and kick some ass today!"... and then in your first big pot you flop a K-high flush against a fish and you value bet him for 3 streets, only to call his river shove and find out he's flopped an A-high flush with A3s :(
      But the A3s dominates any K high even pre-flop. :P That's a very nasty cooler, to be drawing dead.
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      i was playing in a live tournament last night, and my bad luck continues... everyone at my table was playing crazy, any 2 cards, and i was getting bored of folding folding, so i got QK suited in late position, decided to raise it up. Naturally 2 players came along for the ride, the flop comes down Queen high, lovely I thought, against these 2 idiots im just pushing all in now, expecting 2 folds. I get 2 calls damn...THEN, the dealer accidentally places down the next card before the person to my left has matched the previous bet, the card is a king, so he burns that one instead (fucks my chances of 2 pair up!), the replacement card is a 9..this is now very significant, the river brings a 7 or something, the guy behind me who is the slightly better player shows AQ..so he had me beat when the money went in fair enough, but had the King stood i'd have beat him with 2 pair. The woman on the other side of me shows pocket 5 5s to take the pot making an outrageous straight beating us both. Had the dealer not have dropped in the king too quickly, she would never had hit the 9 on the turn, thus wouldn't have had the straight. I'd have trippled up and happy days etc.

So, i take my 1 allowed rebuy...

the final hand before the break, im dealt 10, 10 i get in cheap, there is no value in raising these lot, cus you get calls with all sorts, i'd convinced myself that if the right flop came, i was gonna be aggressive...7 2 5 rainbow..fantastic, 1 guy raises everyone else folds to me, so i shove all in. Not expecting him to call at all, he calls and flips over A8 offsuit..not sure what the hell he was doing here. Of course, the Ace comes on the turn, and to add insult to injury the 8 on the river and i bust out. I'd later discovered someone else had already folded an Ace during that particular hand, so he found himself 1 of the remaining 2 in the deck to really screw me. I had like 95% chance of winning when that money went in. So those who think online can be a shit, try playing live!!

lol
    • thegrouse
      thegrouse
      Bronze
      Thanks for this post man.
      ive been enduring the sickest downswing ive ever had and this post gave me a new way to look at it.