Your tips on getting started at PokerStars

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStars players,

even as an experienced player one can run into all kinds of problems when first trying a new poker room.

Its twice as hard when one is actually still a newcomer to poker and has perhaps just learned the rules and basic strategies.

This is why we want to use this thread to collect tips for new players. What kind of problems did you have when registering your account at PokerStars and how did you solve them? What should one pay special attention to at PokerStars, what is worth doing, what is especially recommendable and what should be avoided?

We hope for an active discussion and are awaiting your experiences.

Thank you and good luck
      SoyCD
  • 8 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I would avoid SNG's till $5. Stupid rake
    • Monkeye
      Monkeye
      Bronze
      One of my bihhest problems is no good timebar :( so confusing. (played before at everest.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      +1 or atleast not play the 1,20 dollar rake is insane!
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      Is it possible to get rakeback ... through pokerstrategy if I move to pokerstars...
      I'm on pacific atm, but want to eventually move to ps when I move up to my next limit -as It will be easier to game select and sill put in good volume on stars. ( I know how to get rakeback but I also want my account monitored by pokerstrategy is it possible to do all this?
    • antsh
      antsh
      Bronze
      Be aware for the ace on the river
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      the 18 mans are considerably better!!
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Normally for me, i just email them at support@pokerstars.com. The reply is fast and the info u will get is more accurate compare any forum.

"PokerStars is proud to have a conscientious and dedicated service team working for you. Our support team is ready to answer your e-mails 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply e-mail support@pokerstars.com and we will respond promptly. "

Q such as:

1. can i close and open new ac?
      2. can i withdraw tranferred money?
      3. can i clear the deposit bonus and bla bla
      4. bla bla bla.
      5. Can i use this sorfware?
      6. can i can i?
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze

I wanted to withdraw like 600$ last month...via wire transfer..and i went to cashier did all what i had to do...closed my account and went to bed peacefully :s_cool: :s_love: :s_cool:

woke up next morning , and i tried to log in on pokerstars..and error 187340947 try to contact support! what da fck ! i got an email, they said that i had like 1000 account..and i cant play anymore, unless i give them my ID and my Signature ! what da fck was that for!! yes yes i had like 3 or 4 accounts for play money from like 10 yrs :D ! but why now ! i think they look up 4 ur history when u try to cashout imo ! i sent an email and said that all these accounts were for fun never used them for real money....so they unblocked my account in a weeck ! (tip: so for new players, just stick with one and one , only one account ! )

And another thing u cant transfer money to ur friend and he cashout that money, he have to play with it on their tables ! ( tip : no tips)

And so sick u only can change ur picture twice so be carefull lol ( tip: u can email them and tell them to change it :D :D i did that like 5 times )

I dont know if another pokerrooms have this, but when ur so so so mad , or on tilt, u can in pokerstars, 1st they have a limit on whcih table u play just go to Request> Responsibe Gaming! u can stop urself from playing higher limits for ur bankroll in case ur on tilt... ( only for cash )

And if ur running bad..and u just not playing ur A game..or u just had couple of bad beats..u can just take a breack by going there ( Responsible Gaming >Exclude me from playing) just take a 24 hr cooling off periode...

Hope this helps..... Gd luck !