Your tips on getting started at Full Tilt Poker

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Dear Full Tilt Poker players,

even as an experienced player one can run into all kinds of problems when first trying a new poker room.

Its twice as hard when one is actually still a newcomer to poker and has perhaps just learned the rules and basic strategies.

This is why we want to use this thread to collect tips for new players. What kind of problems did you have when registering your account at Full Tilt Poker and how did you solve them? What should one pay special attention to at Full Tilt Poker, what is worth doing, what is especially recommendable and what should be avoided?

We hope for an active discussion and are awaiting your experiences.

Thank you and good luck
      SoyCD
  • 28 replies
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      After a new updates, this thread is "must read":

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/new-full-tilt-mods-post-update-529530/

In other case it will be hard to play default FT cards :)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Ok.

the ftp software is amazing. if you multitable it does everything that it should, I have played in 4 platforms so far and this is the best I have found.

Due to the recent software update (pretty huge) there are still some bugs and issues but i think they will soon get ironed out. My only concern with FTP is that it gets a little laggy on Sundays.

Full Tilt Players are generally of a pretty high standard, they know the game. That's not to say that there are not any fish, but expect to face a challenge in your poker learning career as you will meet many tricky ones even in the lower levels. Which I think is a good thing.

I can't say I have personally found any problems, if i had then I would no longer be here, support have been pretty good with me, maybe because I am a high volume player, who knows..

That's it, feel free to ask questions if there is anything you would like to find out.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      FTP is really great for grinders / multitablers because of the ironman promotion and the rakeback and the 100's of tables available!

FTP does have a lot of players who really know what they are doing, but with a HUD you can identify them and limit your play against them!

sadly FTP does not have lobby filters but before the update you could use a mod that filtered all tables in FTP but sadly since the last update this doesnt work anymore :f_cry:

there are a good few big problems at the moment since the update but they will be resolved soon .......... i hope :f_grin:
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      i think they are in same league as ps.com but has better bonuses (rakeback,600$ deposite)

they are realy good ... pleasure to play there ... but they anoyed me with that update coz a lot of software like HEm,AHK scripts were useles for about week but now it is OK.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Hi,

Where can I find the pokerstrategy mods for FT? I've seen them in the videos of ge5sterne
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Beginners...

1. Make sure you are going to get rakeback before opening an account.
      2. Collect at least 1 FTP a day during the month to get into one of the easiest freerolls of all time.
      3. Stay away from the Rush poker tables (the swings can be very wild for beginners).
      4. Make sure you use a HUD as there are many regular grinders even at the micro stakes.
      5. Ironman bronze level is easily achieved even playing NL5, which awards medals you buy $$'s bonuses with or entry into a soft freeroll.
      6. Don't let the pros playing at the micro's intimidate you, I don't know how they get their status, but they are just players. And they are at the micro's at the end of the day. So maybe not so pro?
      7. If you don't like the cartoon looking software, switch to Racetrack, and you'll also get more room for your HUD.
      8. Colour code players so you can easily see which table has the fishiest players.
      9. Wait for tables that have 25% players per pot, there are plenty.
      10. Enjoy yourself. :)

Bonus extra..... Here's a link for some free card mods etc. Click Here.

Disclaimer: Mods may want to check the link, may possibly be classed as spam as your rules are pretty harsh when it come to this kind of thing. If you do edit it, I don't need a warning :P Thanks. :P
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      6. Don't let the pros playing at the micro's intimidate you, I don't know how they get their status, but they are just players. And they are at the micro's at the end of the day. So maybe not so pro?
      You can always look them up they all have bios on the FTP site and usually it's pretty obvious who isn't a real poker pro. My guess would be that some of them have contracts that require a certain amount of play per month, but it doesn't specify the limits. :D
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      You can always look them up they all have bios on the FTP site and usually it's pretty obvious who isn't a real poker pro. My guess would be that some of them have contracts that require a certain amount of play per month, but it doesn't specify the limits. :D
      Check "steve wong" out. FT red pro and life time NL5 losser.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Ive actually played at his table quite a lot when playing NL5.. He has his own that he skillfully 1 tables :P lol
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze

2. Collect at least 1 FTP a day during the month to get into one of the easiest freerolls of all time.
      What is this freeroll? Please give some details or a link as I don't recall hearing about this one...
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble

What is this freeroll? Please give some details or a link as I don't recall hearing about this one...
      As requested :) http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/one-a-day-freeroll.php
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Good link btw tokyoaces, cheers. Makes more sense now. :P 'Friends of FT' lol. Take it that they still get 100% rakeback though (the fuckers)?
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Beginners...

3. Stay away from the Rush poker tables (the swings can be very wild for beginners).
      4. Make sure you use a HUD as there are many regular grinders even at the micro stakes.
      5. Ironman bronze level is easily achieved even playing NL5, which awards medals you buy $$'s bonuses with or entry into a soft freeroll.
      7. If you don't like the cartoon looking software, switch to Racetrack, and you'll also get more room for your HUD.
      8. Colour code players so you can easily see which table has the fishiest players.

this is good thread post ^^^^^^^^

Disclaimer: Mods may want to check the link, may possibly be classed as spam as your rules are pretty harsh when it come to this kind of thing. If you do edit it, I don't need a warning :P Thanks. :P
    • ChangeYourMind
      ChangeYourMind
      Bronze
      if you want to write on support you have to be patient.

I would like to know ,how does their support look like. 24/7 is it joke? Maybe theyre watching films 24/7 or sleeping there.

I was very glad with FTP untill they blocked my account and now dont respone.
      Wtf ,how long does identity check take?

Iam starting be crazy , its too much 4days without poker for poker addicted guy
    • occipital
      occipital
      Bronze
      Beginners...

nice piece of information.

can you tell me what kind of HUD you think is the best option?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I use the following HUD for NL5/NL10 BSS.

Abbr. Name / Hands

VPIP / PFR / 3-Bet / Fold to 3 -bet / Steal %

Agg / Flop C-Bet / Fold to C-Bet / WTSD%
    • h2liann
      h2liann
      Bronze
      steve wong is a loosing player at nl5 .. and nl10 ..

but a huge winner in higher stakes?

is this for real or did he's mates dump him chips to boost his rep as a member of the FT team!?
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      Pro are in general for image...
      some of them are paid by hour of play...so he plays at nl5/10 :D
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by h2liann
      steve wong is a loosing player at nl5 .. and nl10 ..

but a huge winner in higher stakes?

is this for real or did he's mates dump him chips to boost his rep as a member of the FT team!?
      I used to play that table a lot, and I think he doesn't really give it his full attention when playing nl5. I heard he just plays on his ipad whilst working / doing other stuff, playing mostly tourney style (waiting for a pair or AK and then shipping).

He is defo a better player than his nl2 / nl5 stats show though, IMO. Just contracted to play it by FT.

Fun table to play though, the other regs there are really friendly :)