Playing with a open limp from BU

• Remoh
      Remoh
      Bronze
      Often when I'm sitting on the left of a fishy player it happens that he makes a open limp out of the button.
      In this cases I have some preflop difficulties with my ranges out of the SB.

With which Aces/Kings should I raise and when should I complete?

More difficult are hands like J6 or Q6. These hands are very good for stealing the blinds. Is it worth raising such hands against a tight BB to get HU with the fish? Sometimes I make such plays and then I have problems playing this hands postflop OOP.

So, it would be very nice, hearing some possible plays which more experienced players do.
      THX
  • 5 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You mean on your right side? because if you are te SB the BB is on your left ;)

why don't you play which our charts? (silver category has a nice raing chart if one players limps)
    • Remoh
      Remoh
      Bronze
      Yes, of course on the right *g*

Do you mean the chart which gives me this range to raise with one limper?

55+, A6s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s+, A9+, KJ+, QJ+

I don't know if I can use this chart because I thought that this means that preflop the limper was in front of me and so I will have position on him.

But if you say I can, I will do it ;)

If I do with this chart I know what to raise but are there any completing hands?

If I use the preflop odds

suited connectors: 3:1
      suited 1-gapper: 3.5:1
      suited 2-gapper: 4:1

This are the only possibilities where I get the right prize with one limper.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      yep I like this range. these hand do all play very well even OOP (you can even raise more hands but I don't know it exactly because I always with my stat I have from them ;) )

the limperthing is correct too :)
    • Remoh
      Remoh
      Bronze
      If I use this range it doesn't matter if the limp comes out of the BU or from any other position, right?
      But then I think it is difficult to raise hands like Q9s if a semi-fish limps from UTG.
      Do I have too many thoughts about it or how should I adapt the raising range?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      this range is for all limpers on all positions. later you will work with stats (if you already do adept to it)
      the tighter he calls the less you raise :)

Q9s for example is a raise only if he has 30/20 or 50/10 stats.