[NL2-NL10] aqs .05/.10

• pondlife78
      Known players:     

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , A:heart:
      UTG2 raises to $0.20, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, 4 folds, BB calls $0.70, UTG2 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.45) 2:club: , T:heart: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.85 (All-In), BB calls $0.75, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($4.25) 5:diamond:
      River: ($4.25) K:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Qh Ah)
      BB shows three of a kind, kings (Kc Kd)

BB wins with three of a kind, kings (Kc Kd)

Is it better to push or call the min raise on the flop? I was pretty sure UTG2 wasn't going to call when I pushed.
      I've also included the result just wondering if I knew he had that hand then would the play still have been the same?
  • 3 replies
    • MancaMulas
      Raised before the flop, and you have a flush draw, so play agressively.with that min bet, I would make the standard raise (2/3 of the pot), as always
    • mikelstwe
      Firstly preflop we treat a minraisers as two limpers, so you should raise to $0.6 preflop. Postflop OESD and flushdraws are considered made hands if you had raised preflop. So shove flop as played.

Re question: no the play wouldn't be the same if you knew he minbet with monsters since you'll much rather want to see an extra card cheaply since we know we're beat. The reason we play flushdraws as madehands and try to go all-in is that we have many outs(lots of equity) and we play aggressively to get additional fold-equity. If we know the player won't fold then we have no fold-equity and therefore better to play passively (and according to odds) and hope we hit one of our outs.

Naturally you make a note regarding which cards an opponent makes a minbet with.
    • Gerv
      I prefer pushing for 16.5bb and lower because we are committed on any Flop but raising to $0.6 and then pushing flop ain't bad either.

It doesn matter if Villain calls us or not preflop, if he folds, we win. If he calls, we {can} win big :)

Best regards,