This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Boku87 Challenge #2 :: $5 into $100,000 in a year

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Is this like a joke. seriously how can he do this. lets just turn $5 into $5k in a few weeks.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Is this like a joke. seriously how can he do this. lets just turn $5 into $5k in a few weeks.
      He started on the 15th, so not quite to the 2 week mark yet...makes it even sicker
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Swingy times. Big profits.

Simply amazing.

p.s. I think we saw this in the last challenge too - the winrate at lower buyins is more than or equal to the winrate at higher buyins. Seems counter intuitive.

If boku is making 60% ROI at 6$ games and only 5% ROI at 60$ games, wouldn't it make sense to stay with the 6$ games? maybe not since the points accumulated at higher buyins are worth more money in rakeback, and not reflected on the graph.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gavinonymous

If boku is making 60% ROI at 6$ games and only 5% ROI at 60$ games, wouldn't it make sense to stay with the 6$ games? maybe not since the points accumulated at higher buyins are worth more money in rakeback, and not reflected on the graph.
      That's exactly why. He's generating a lot more rake, and (pretty much confirmed) rumors say he'll get 100% rakeback when he's done. so, mucho $$ :)
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      sweet, he must have a pretty nice deal with stars then

gogogo Boku!
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      update
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      To easy for him IMO.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      boku is a legend, love that guy :f_grin:
      Bronze
      That downswing from ~4500 to ~5000 would take me like a month to play through!!!

Then again, that sick upswing at ~5k would take time to play through as well...

This guy really shows how evil these games can be for people trying to grind em out
      at 4 games or 6 games at a time. Even when your playing 12 tables look at how long
      those swings would take you to play through, your confidence would be hurt and blah blah.

Maybe he is causing piles of people to jump on the bandwagon and try making
      these CHALLENGE posts across forums all over the net.

But I see a true testament to how those downswings do finally end, but
      for a normal human being not 500 tabling at once, they can really be long.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      other forum says he's averaging 21%ROI.

[x] BRM
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      That downswing from ~4500 to ~5000 would take me like a month to play through!!!
      Could you imagine a player with boku's skill having those as your first 500 sng's? You'd probably quit poker altogether.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      hey, its a slope but it has ups and downs in it. and over 8k games you are bound to have a sick downswing.
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Some thoughts on 2+2 suggest the BIG downswing is on it's way... I think this challenge may (hopefully) provide a couple twists... so far it has been pretty boring...
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NickParkes
      Some thoughts on 2+2 suggest the BIG downswing is on it's way... I think this challenge may (hopefully) provide a couple twists... so far it has been pretty boring...
      they have a team of fortune tellers over there?
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      totally... they're known as THE PROPHETS OF DOOM (to be read in Bill Bailey's troll voice) :f_p:

But while you can't ever predict what the poker gods will do next, given boku's history and mass volume and sick 10K game breakeven runs and huge downswings, and given that he has "only" played 8K tourneys... it stands that he could very well be in line for a ride... beside 21% ROI as has been reported is just ridiculous for somebody 50-tabling...
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      bbv knows what it's talkin about!

his graph is pretty interresting as u can see how much variance there is with a 20% ROI on these sngs. he just grinds through it so we can see what a huuge samplesize looks like. i find it very interresting and it confirms how incredibly cruel the variance on these games are.
    • archsama
      archsama
      Bronze
      He is only grinding SnGs or ring games?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      20+% ROI on those buy-ins has to be variance.. no way anyone can 30-40table and have 10+% on >20$ sng's, no matter how good you are. And he's playing everything from 27$ to 60+

He's either running hot or best player in the worlds :D
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      20+% ROI on those buy-ins has to be variance.. no way anyone can 30-40table and have 10+% on >20$ sng's, no matter how good you are. And he's playing everything from 27$ to 60+

another reason I agree a downswing is inevitable...
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88

could just be better than 95% of the other players. How much edge do you need over a tourney to add up to 20%ROI over 8k tourneys? 5%? 7%? I more think there are many many worse players to beat, he doesn't have to be the best in the world for that.. to do it while 35tabling, that's really sick.

He has so much experience doing it (at higher stakes too), it obviously doesn't hurt his game, and he seems to just kill these limits. Watch him play, he's very very good.