This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Boku87 Challenge #2 :: $5 into $100,000 in a year

• vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by NickParkes
      Some thoughts on 2+2 suggest the BIG downswing is on it's way... I think this challenge may (hopefully) provide a couple twists... so far it has been pretty boring...
      they have a team of fortune tellers over there?

fortune cookie ?
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by NickParkes
      Some thoughts on 2+2 suggest the BIG downswing is on it's way... I think this challenge may (hopefully) provide a couple twists... so far it has been pretty boring...
      they have a team of fortune tellers over there?
      apparently they do:

interesting huh?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      woahhh, what happened?
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Damn... Statistics is the SH1T!!!
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      I think he should take a break.. Reread gold articles and start again :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Damn. Auwch :s_o:
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      maybe he started losing because people at higher stakes know he play 50 tables at once so they playing according to that so he has less chance to win with abc poker.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Is boku87 alone with doing this sick kind of playing. I mean, ofc it is not easy but when it is that profitable as it seems, a lot of people would try? But I only hear about boku all the time. respect to him anyway!
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      With the kind of volume that he plays, and from some of the things I have read about Boku not playing solid ICM all the time with extra loose calls calling SB pushes etc this kind of variance is something he deals with regularly... which is why many people have felt a big downswing is inevitable.... I don't think Boku is too perturbed by it, he has sooo much time still, and personally, it's this sort of stuff that makes this challenge more interesting (and at the same time terrifying for all SNGoers)... cos yes, this can happen...
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      With the ammount of volume he can put in and the ammout of time left I don't think that there is any question that he will reach his goal the only fun thing though is watching him climb mount everest (aka his graph).
      What would be amazing to watch is if he could train a poker noob to like 30 table with a positive ROI in a short time span:s_biggrin:
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KidPokersKid
      With the ammount of volume he can put in and the ammout of time left I don't think that there is any question that he will reach his goal the only fun thing though is watching him climb mount everest (aka his graph).
      What would be amazing to watch is if he could train a poker noob to like 30 table with a positive ROI in a short time span:s_biggrin:
      Not only 30 tables, but to do it day in day out, in the face of massive swings like the current one! I think most normal people's brains would fry in a few days.

On the plus side, a 100BI downswing can be over fairly quickly.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Janusrichmond
      Is boku87 alone with doing this sick kind of playing. I mean, ofc it is not easy but when it is that profitable as it seems, a lot of people would try? But I only hear about boku all the time. respect to him anyway!
      A lot of ppl are doing it, check out Stars right now and you'll see a lot of traffic on MTT SnGs and a lot of crazy grinders. But playing like that is insane and most normal ppl probably couldn't do it. I tried it, but I felt brain dead when I finished :D
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      this challenge is abs boring :O ...i dont think its a big deal to do this challenge withing 3 months and it doesnt even take Bokustyle harakiri..
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Originally posted by Leito99
      maybe he started losing because people at higher stakes know he play 50 tables at once so they playing according to that so he has less chance to win with abc poker.
      he doesnt play "higher stakes MTTs" afaik.. he just stays at low lims and is crushing them bigtime.. its more of an hourly wr for him this way, understandably
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheLastNail
      Originally posted by Leito99
      he doesnt play "higher stakes MTTs" afaik.. he just stays at low lims and is crushing them bigtime.. its more of an hourly wr for him this way, understandably
      Actually there arn't any "higher limits", even the 60$ MTT SnGs take a while to fill up ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      not even the $38s fill fast , no wonder why even people like imcastleman have to open $12s to have enough games :rolleyes:
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      60$ is about the highest limit on those 45 players
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Who is this guy? I google searching Boku87 and I read about his two challenges,... but before today I never knew about this guy. Did he just gain fame by doing the two challenges and posting a video of him playing 51 tables?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Yes he did a vid and put it on youtube, he then got got people to bet on weather he could turn $100 into $10,000 in a month, he did it in 3 weeks and some days, made over 30k in prop bets.

Then Pokerstars asked him to do a new challenage. $5 into $100,000 which he is doing now.

Although be aware he already failed it. He lost the $5 and said he would grind play money and sell it. As this is against Pokerstars T&C they gave him $5 to start over