guiness time

• Maria21
      Maria21
      Bronze
      on July 19th at 15:05 ET full tilt is going to attempt to break the current world record for the Biggest Poker Tournament in History. I'm surprised no one brought it up. currently the record belongs to pokerstars for 35000 players, full tilt hopes to get 50000 players.
      The tournament is a 500k guar with a 5$ buy in and that means it will be a hit to your rakeback, 5$ if tourney fills up, but that placed aside, this one's for the book.
      More info here: http://w.fulltiltpoker.com/five/the-record-breaker

All the Ft pro's are already registered, I couldn't register directly because my bankroll doesn't allow it so i satelited my way in, with satellites starting at 30c or 50ftp.
      Well that's it for now, see you sunday
  • 11 replies
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      Yeah i didnt have the bankroll either but i got some bonus money released so ill be playing on sunday
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hey does anyone want to be a sport and "swap" $5 with me?

I don`t have an account on FT, but really fancy playing in this tournament, so if anyone trusts me (maybe a mod, who can ban me and steal my TAF money if I don't keep my end of the bargain), how about I transfer $5 to your titan account and you transfer $5 to my full tilt?

I know its a lot of hassle but I live in Brazil so I can't really make any credit card deposits or sign up to netteller just to transfer $5.

So yeah, if anyone fancies giving me a hand, I`ll probably accidentally transfer $6 instead to your account =)

Cheers
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Yeah I already qualified via a satellite. There were also freerolls around for it to, so keep an eye out.

Just worth mentioning that PokerStars were running "spoiler" $1k freerolls tonight that had well in excess of 57k players enter, so don't know if this particular tournament will now qualify for the record.
      It's possible that Full Tilt will open up the entry restriction further of course, but software/server limits would probably be under strain.

Good luck anyone competing, but do please bear BRM in mind, don't go staking a large proportion of your BR on any one tournament. These big tourneys tend to be donk-fests and the chances of cashing are lower imo.

Best regards,

Bart
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      i dont really think its worth playing.... 50K players .... this will take 12 hours at least to finish.... of course a good expierience but as mod said it will be a donk fest at the start.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      hmmm full tilt lag this sunday is going to be huge.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      Too bad it will be 10pm my local time, so if I'd dream about making the final table I should be ready to go to job on Monday w/o a sleep... in best case... :/
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      definitely playing, donkfest should be fun
    • predy82
      predy82
      Bronze
      PokerStars had yesterday a series of 1000$ turbo freerolls . One of them had 61259 entryes ..... so bye bye record :)
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mafaz
      i dont really think its worth playing.... 50K players .... this will take 12 hours at least to finish.... of course a good expierience but as mod said it will be a donk fest at the start.
      If you manage to get to the 12th hour of play that promises to be a very nice pay day for you :P
    • Sczcepanik
      Sczcepanik
      Bronze
      Originally posted by predy82
      PokerStars had yesterday a series of 1000$ turbo freerolls . One of them had 61259 entryes ..... so bye bye record :)
      Lot of peaple are talking about it...

But its a freeroll, idk if it counts to Guiness.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Sorry to burst the ftp bubble but...

Pokerstars **New** World Record attempt!

^^

Regards,

-Jack