This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 KQo

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
      SB ($85.48)
      BB ($69.10)
      UTG ($45.85)
      UTG+1 ($129)
      UTG+2 ($21.06)
      MP1 ($78.94)
      Hero ($18.50)
      BTN ($17)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $1, UTG+2 calls $1, fold, Hero raises to $5, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $4

FLOP ($12.50) 8:spade: 4:spade: 3:spade:

UTG+2 checks, Hero?

Villain is 63/0 after 40 hands, 25WTS.

Push or fold? I don't have much equity here since I hold no :spade: and only K high, but given the odds it wouldn't take much FE to make this profitable. So push as c-bet?
  • 4 replies
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Hmmm.. I'm tempted to say push (although only a couple of hands).. he'll probably call any spade, any 843, any pp.. maybe folding 60% of his hands. even if you're a 2 to 1 dog on his calling range, the fold equity should make up for that..
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      I'd definitely push flop for the extra FE
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I agree. 60% pfr - even small sample - means he doesn't have a hand here - like a pocket pair - that often. Even if he calls every suited connector he picks up, it's only 1 in 4 that he has :spade: If he doesn't, he can hardly call very often.

On the other hand, your stack is not so big that you can give him really bad odds for the call (he still gets ~2:1 on your push) and it's hard to know what you can represent here. So maybe checking behind is another way to go, and see the Turn for free? A delayed cbet might have similar FE and, if another spade turns up, you can just chk/fld it.

I think both lines have merits.

Incidentally, if you do push, would this be considered as 'turning one's hand into a bluff'. The reson I ask is because I'm trying to understand how that phrase is used...
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey dandycal,

given the stats, I would push, even though your equity on the flop against 63% range is only 37%, FE should make it up, because I do think he should fold many hands on this flop, specially ones without :spade: .

Regards,
      burek2000