This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] straight vs possible river flush

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position
      BU
      SB
      BB
      UTG
      MP3
      UTG+2

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, BU calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.24) 4:heart: , J:heart: , 8:spade: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.24) 9:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.04, UTG+2 calls, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: ($0.84) A:heart: (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.28, UTG+2 raises to $0.56, Hero folds, UTG raises to $0.84, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: $2.52

i get the straight on the turn but on river flush becomes possible and my 2 opponents become active. I wouldnt be so afraid of it if there wasnt 2 same color cards on the flop. Also my position is bad because im between the initial raiser and the reraiser.
  • 4 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      possible they both got a pair of A because at 0.02/0.04 ppl usually do crazy stuff so i think in my opinion you should go all in :D
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Personally i would say you have got good position. You have seen the raise and the re-raise which should make it a fold at least for me....bad position would be if you were UTG+1 then you would call the first raise only to be met by the re-raise behind.

Oh i would also raise more on the turn at this level you can usually overbet the pot and still get calls so you might as well charge them for the draw.
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      I'd raise the turn pot size...so to 0.4$ and fold that river
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by Ardarandir
      I'd raise the turn pot size...so to 0.4$ and fold that river
      yes, i agree.