UTG+1 ($5.57)
      MP1 ($5.89)
      MP2 ($7.15)
      CO ($13.56)
      Hero (BTN) ($28.39)
      SB ($24.75)

BB ($23.89)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 8 players) Hero is BTN 8:diamond: 8:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $2.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: 9:spade: 6:heart: 6:club: ($5.25, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: K:heart: ($5.25, 2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: 8:heart: ($11.25, 2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero raises to $12, SB calls $8

1) I was getting 3betted/restealed more than I was used to on this table because of my loose image & heavy attempts to steal their blinds, that's why I made the call preflop + I can setmine here because his range is soo polarized.

2) Flop he checks and I do not see a reason to change my hand into a bluff -> No set, no bet

Turn is suspicious though and knowing he has JJ+ at latest + AK, he has me 100% beat, still I call here so that's my mistake I saw.

River though completes the flush but should I shove here instead of raising to $12 ??

- Gerv
  • 2 replies
    • Michailewic
      I would bet on the flop. He gives up c-beting so I would use it. It is hard for him to raise you with worse since you would generally call his raise with TT+. So bet it and win the pot directly (you do not want to see overcards) - you are not turning for hand to a bluff but you are protecting and getting information.

I do not agree that "no set, not bet". Most of all because you did not call for set value preflop (you did not have odds to call for set value) - you might not get value if he has AK and misses the flop or if he has QQ or KK and ace hits on the flop (or king in case of QQ).

After you checked back on the flop, you should call on the turn.

River: I think that both lines are good. He donks small so he either has no good hand and will not call normal raise or all-in raise, or on the other hand, since the board is not nice (flush and trips are possible, King is a scare card), if he calls he might call both normal raise and also all-in raise.
    • Kaitz20
      I would bet the flop, since you dont´want to see overcards on the turn and then face bet.
      I think you can call turn bet, although it is likely valuebet, rather than bet with Ax.
      raising 12$ is ok, I doubt he´d call there shove with AK