Got dealth KK 8th times this session. Lost 7 times.

• 9 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i go berserk , Tilt if i lose 7 out of 8 times with pocket KK

:D
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Of course that sucks.

Therefore remember the number of times you get dealt good cards is not important.

Sometimes in one session i get a lot of good hands but i only win a few small pots and then loose one big one but sometimes i get aces only one time in a session but i win a huge pot ;)

Don't know if that helps... anyway thats poker. More important is that you don't get too much influenced when you get the Kings for the seventh time after you lost them 6 times before. Try to forget this and start to play youer hand good.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      I can handle it its really no problem. But its just sick :D i got some great cards today but didnt won even a tiny pot. Bether luck next time imo =)
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      remember this quote:
      "Life is one big poker session."

So count in all pocket kings u ever had and will ever have, then think of the money they will give u :)
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      its just stupid. sometimes it seems poker party has nothing to do with probability theory. yesterday in 3$ SnG i had AA preflop, raised 4 BB, someone called with 63s, floped a 6, then we went all in and 6 on river saved him. if you have KK preflop someone with A3 will call and try to bluff you on flop with ace high. you are very happy to call but ofc A follows on turn :)
      not to talk about gutshot straights which always hit your opponents but only hit you when you fold your cards on flop :)
      sometimes it seems that weight of fishes waiting for their lucky card on low limits is so high that betting with anything but nuts is just worthless.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      True, it seems like that. But remember this: AA will not win every time, no matter what. It is the best possible hand preflop, yet it will lose, so therefore must lose to worse hands. It doesn't really matter whether they were the second nuts, KK, or some offsuited trash which lucks out on the river.

I have won against AA myself, when I drew four to my 6 for a flush. And the river card was A, giving him a set. I was happy. :) I have lost with AA against AA when four cards to a flush came for his hand. I was not happy. :(

So, if AA, which is the best hand, must lose to worse hands, according to probability theory, then every hand can lose to worse hands. It will always feel bad. But knowing this, the length of time to feel bad is shortened, and after a while, it often doesn't hurt at all. If I play correctly, I will win.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It seems that I lose a lot with my best hands- over pairs and top pairs usually lose two pair or trips, flushes to the full house. Really hate 0,15/0,30 FL players who calling and raising with nothing. Seems like I cant play poker any more so I have to take time out. I only need 3 PP more to get to the silver section, hopefully next week it happen. Maybe silver section articles can help me get to the 0,25/0,5 FL or I am staying forever to the low limit section.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Being drawn out on with correct odds seems to be a major part of fixed limit hold 'em, and one that I have trouble seeing how you cope with as a no limit player myself, where you can always give your opponents incorrect odds outside of all in situation where there are no further decisions.
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      problem on tables like 0.15/0.3 is that more ppl get correct odds then it should coz anyone with smallest chance of improvement(overcards, low pairs) will see the turn so when someone starts limping all others can call too. and ofc when 3-4 ppl call on flop someone will almost always improve with next card. Starting hands chart is mostly aiming for top pair, top kicker which can be quite a problem with so many players in pot. ofc you win more when your top pair wins too, but there is big problem to know when you are behind coz of variety of cards opponents might decide to play.

edit: btw focusing more on reading players by playing less tables might help alot (but is no fun :P )