Just need to get it out...

• Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      I would like to think that my downswing on the low limits (0,15/0,30) is mainly due to unluck, but after having basicly no winning sessions for more than a week (had a small break before) i will ask for your judgement. I am reading the articles over and over again regulary (I try to read all the ones useful for my game [most of the limit articles] at least once a week), posting many sample hands (and of course learning from what i hear), and going to the coachings everytime i got time (which unfortunately hasn't been often lately), but the wave of red numbers just don't seem to end.

I'm keeping a statistic of my game and update it every time i finish a session and i can now see that i have lost 80 BB's in 3200 hands = -2,5BB/100 (since i came back from the break mentioned earlier).

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=statswp1.jpg

I will take a private coaching soon and hope that he can spot some leaks, cause it's starting to get annoying just loosing and loosing even more to basicly a bunch of fish (no offence to anyone else from here playing at that limit)..

I think i will buy SSHE by Edward Miller soon to improve my game further (read Winning LLHE by Lee Jones already [read the postflop part quite a few times]).

One thing i could change is that i'm playing 4 tables at a time (i don't think that it changes my game much though) and i might consider taking some sessions with just 1 table instead to consider every single move i make (with 4 tables its more or less standard situations since i don't get any good impression on the different opponents)

Basicly i think i'm doing more or less everything i can to improve my game, and just wanted to hear how big a downswing i can expect at low limit FR games?

Just needed to get it - Thanks for taking your time to read it through

Best regards
      Mugge
  • 11 replies
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Be carefull that u dont lose your concentration wenn 4-tabling. I can handle the 4 tables but together with checking if your tables are still ok and searching for new ones makes it to much for me.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      I'm not searching for new tables while playing unless the number of players drops down below 7.. And even in those cases i will just hurry and open new random table with 9 players - won't take my concentration for more than a few seconds (i try to pick a new table while not being involved in any hands)..

But of course i will be careful not to lose my concentration and i think that one way is just to take a break once in a while (i don't play more than 1 hour straight normally).
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Well, my opinion is this. A downswing can last this long and cost this much even if you are making few mistakes.

Try playing just two tables instead of four. You will find plenty more time to make better decisions by doing this. One of the best decisions to make is to fold more often. When two tables seems good, take it up to three, and leave it at that for a while.

Table selection is important. I filter the tables by average size of pot, and always try to get on tables where the average is higher. These tables are looser. More fish, more bad beats (have you ever had a good beat?) but better wins when they come around as well. Stay away from the tighter tables, you are playing against better hands on average on those.

Of all the above, folding more often is one certain way to save losses. It is usually correct as well.

If you are losing to the miracle cards over and over, and that is the main reason for your downswing, then sit tight, because that has to go the other way eventually.

Cheers, and don't give up.
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      Originally posted by aciddrop
      Of all the above, folding more often is one certain way to save losses. It is usually correct as well.
      Be careful. You shouldnt change you way of playing just because youre in a downswing. Folding when you shouldnt is just the same as raising when you shouldnt, i would call both tilt.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Agreed. What I suppose my point really is, is that not folding when it is correct to do so is more than enough to cause this kind of loss rate.

Just two overplayed hands per 100 is enough to blow the narrow success margin completely. The place to look for leaks firstly, if they are there, (and when aren't they?) is at hands that should be folded a lot sooner than we do. It is really easy to want to make too many continuation bets on the best starting hands, when often they should really be folded immediately post flop. This is a really good place to save some losses.

What it means is this: if you can find only three hands per 100 where you have played just 1BB too many, this accounts for the entire loss rate. One more, and you are winning. :)
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advises. I will try going down to two tables for a while, and take it from there (i don't think i have problems folding too rare - my main problem is that i'm playing a little weak i think - i will work on this an hopefully it can give me the small edge and start winning a little).
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Ok, that sounds like a plan. I also really strongly suggest looking for the looser tables. On tighter tables, the players are just better, or at least harder to win against. You need better cards and better luck to win there. So really take a little time to pick the tables, even if you have to wait a while to get on.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Picked another way:
      Taking a complete break from FL while i get my skills higher (will play a little NL SSS while studying FL).

Just recieved Small Stakes Hold'em and will start to read it all over when i get time (probably in the weekend). Also bought The Theory of Poker now I had the chance too (borrowed it from a friend once, but i believe it's a great book to have yourself)

Lots of reading for me to do in the nearest future - hopefully it will boost my winrate a little :)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      I know what ya mean, I also had and still have these times were absolutly pissed off playing Fixed and then i start playing NL or SnG's sometimes it is just good to have a break as long as you know where you belong to :D

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Actually I find the SSS quite funny - but maybe it's just because I forgot how it felt to have a positive winrate ;)

Been running hot my first day of playing NL for sure with 8,5 PTBB/100 over the first 900 hands :P

Also started reading SSHE so I havn't forgotten my roots completely Stefan ;) Guess I will return to FL in a week or two if I feel ready for it - in the meantime I will try to restore some of my lost bankroll with NL :P

Thanks alot for all the support an ideas in this thread: Problem solved (at least for now) :D

Best wishes
      Mugge
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hehe, so first of all the SSS is such a great thing so playing it is great and i would recommend every NL player to start with it even when you already had some experience.

Anyway i am not saying it is better to play Fixed, but it is good to stick to one game either FL or NL. At the end it still comes down to the simple question "What do you like the most?"

:D