KQ worst hand?

• 10 replies
    • Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      how is KQ working for you???

it only has preflop value, it seems to be the worst of my starting hands..

do you agree?
      no
      Do you play BSS SH?
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Its a good hand overall.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Very average hand.

KQo I fold in early and middle position, fold to a raise.

So overall not very playable.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      It probably means you are overplaying it. I had very negative numbers with Aj, A10 then I found out I shouldn't be playing them in early position. I started to fold them and now they are profitable again.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      For me the worst hand is AK. And that is because i generally have big expectations from this hand. PS says push all in with it but i saw KK and AA very often (not from very tight players).
      I actually like KQ for several reasons. First of all you don't expect to make a big deal out of it so if you do it's goood. I fold to a raise except when i'm playing with very loose opponents. It's dominated by any ace but i feel like it has better playability on the flop and after. For example A3 dominates it but if you flop a 3 as a bottom pair where do you stand? If you flop a K or Q you must feel like you got a better hand. I guess i'm trying to say you can be pushed around much easier with a weak ace compared to KQ.
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      I open them in late position if there's no raisers.

I never call / reraise with them, or open in early/mid position.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I play NL5 SH (moving to NL10). Good hand not premium. When you flop a pair it's often top pair 2nd best kicker. I raise it from late position and one before CO. On a very loose tables I raise it from any position. I reraise it in the steal situations. I expect small Aces to fold (which are ahead) and against small/medium PP it's a coinflip.
      Most of the time AA, KK, QQ, AK, the hands that dominates will reraise and it's easy fold for me. AQ can be tricky since many players just call with this hand.
      Overall I like to see KQ. It made quite a few bucks on the microlimit for me especially against loose players.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      KQ is the ultimate nuts. if you don't understand that, you're a very bad poker player ;)
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      KQ is a pretty decent hand.

QQ is less good for me. On AA and KK show a similar trend. Lately AA passed got higher than the KK line. JJ, TT and 99, are the same story. Straight lines, each one a little bit lower than the other ones, but QQ is very swingy. Sometimes big ups, sometimes big downs, but basically it's back to zero. My QQ graph looks the same as my AQ graph which also gets beaten by AJ.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      how is KQ working for you???

it only has preflop value, it seems to be the worst of my starting hands..

do you agree?
      lol