[NL2-NL10] Some SSS hands (NL25)

• klonoa
      klonoa
      Bronze
      these are some hands i lost money with, standard or bad play?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      UTG+2:
      $25.60
      Hero:
      $4.30
      BB:
      $5.62
      UTG+1:
      $24.70
      CO:
      $4.38
      SB:
      $5.35
      MP1:
      $2.80
      MP2:
      $25
      MP3:
      $24.75

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , A:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: ($4.85) 6:club: , 7:diamond: , T:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2, Hero folds.

Over here if he didnt donkbet, i should go all in as a conti bet right?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      SB:
      $47.20
      UTG+1:
      $5.75
      MP2:
      $22.10
      MP3:
      $4.65
      Hero:
      $4.55
      BU:
      $21
      UTG+2:
      $25
      CO:
      $7
      BB:
      $5

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 4 folds, SB raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $4.55 (All-In), SB calls.

SB:
      $7.60
      BB:
      $30.60
      UTG+1:
      $8.15
      UTG+2:
      $15.05
      MP3:
      $45.20
      Hero:
      $4.55
      MP1:
      $23.65
      CO:
      $4.75
      MP2:
      $24.75

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , A:club:
      UTG+1 raises to $1.00, UTG+2 calls, 4 folds, Hero raises to $4.55 (All-In), 2 folds, UTG+1 raises to $8.15 (All-In), UTG+2 folds.

basically AK preflop all in is never wrong?
  • 5 replies
    • iluya
      iluya
      Bronze
      1) in that siutation you have a stack less than half the pot. So thats a easy call for you. You dont know if your enemy is just bluffing and when not you have 6 safe outs and great PotOdds.

So a Call whould be best here.

2) here you can go allin or fold. Depends on your reads about him.

3) nice move. with AK i would go in that situations always Allin. You dont have the bad decisions to call or not call the enemies moves on the flop or to contibet or not to contibet.

short: you can´t make anymore mistakes when you simple push preflop

ps: sorry for me bad school english :) every post you understand is a good post^^
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I play also SSS and have question for next hand:

I am CO (have AK) and raise standard 4xBB, BB goes all-in. Is it right to call BB all-in move (with NL10 game BB had 3$ stack)?
    • iluya
      iluya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I play also SSS and have question for next hand:

I am CO (have AK) and raise standard 4xBB, BB goes all-in. Is it right to call BB all-in move (with NL10 game BB had 3$ stack)?
      Sure. As a ShortStackStrategy Player its nearly always right to go Allin with AK!

Few Times you can fold when you play versus a SSS Player or a tight Player. So you need Reads or a SSS Player to fold AK.

If you are unsure to call a Reraise you should read http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/strategy/34/ that article and especially the part "Reacting to raises behind you"
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks, so I played my hand right. Mostly BB has low pair or AK and rare situations they go all-in with J9:)
    • iluya
      iluya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Thanks, so I played my hand right. Mostly BB has low pair or AK and rare situations they go all-in with J9:)
      not really rare. when i play its really often that my opponent is playing with absolutely crap hands.

In the most situations thats because they think a ShortStack isnt a good player and that they cant loose much money.