Good tip for fellow rookies out there!

• Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Today in the coaching of blinzler we were looking at posted hands, writing our thoughts and then listening to what he had to say about the hand.
      It is unbelievable how much u learn from doing that so my tip for all you fellow rookies:

Go to the sample hands here and look at the hands posted.
      Don't go and just read what others have to say, but reply to the thread, let your brain work and dont mind typing stupid things.
      After that u read what others have to say and then reconsider your play on the sample hand. U'll be impressed how much u'll learn!
  • 5 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Absolutly right Nogatsira!

I could have written this text too ;)

active learning is much better then passive learning.

At poker you can build up quite a good foundation with passive learning up to a certain degree. But sooner or later active learning becomes essential.

Thinking and especially talking, discussing about hands is so essential. When you know patterns, recognize them at the poker table this is of course a good and stady way to improve your game. But understanding the principals behind that is such a huge benefit.

So i can recommend all beginners just to go to our sample hand boards, post your played poker hands or discuss about ones that have been posted.

Don't worry when you are a beginner. i will take care that nobody will be flamed for asking beginners questions!!! Although it sounds stupid but there are no wrong questions. The worst thing you can do is not to ask "why"-.
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      Originally posted by Stefan1000
      i will take care that nobody will be flamed for asking beginners questions!!!
      You should be admin at the german forum, too...
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Thx

by the way if i should miss such a flame let me know. Although i am trying to read everything it will happen often enough that i miss stuff.

I just would like to keep up a friendly tone in this forum. I like criticism as long at is constructive and not destructive.

Anyway start posting hands everybody ;)
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      As far as I've seen this is a very friendly forum, not really used to non-flaming forums. I seem to like it :p

Other forums would be like "OMG NOOB GO PLAY TETRIS!11oneone!"

Atleast overhere u shouldnt be scared to make mistakes.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      never read a "you damn noob" or something like this here ;)

If I see it he gets punished :D