Beginnertables not as profitable as other tables!?

• Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Anyone else feels the same way about it as me?
      Entire tables playing with the "any 2 cards can win" principle, really lowers your chance to win.

Example: u cap preflop with KK and every idiot with A-rag, any 2 suited, any 2 connected cards call.

You basically never know if you're ahead in a hand or not, cause their handrange is somewhere between AA and 72o and they play it all as if they are aces.

For me its hard to beat a table like that, anyone has a good tactic?
      Real tight and only go for it when u flop the nuts?
  • 6 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      If you think the beginner tables are too random, try the ordinary tables. You will find them to be little different at the lower levels. Just play tight, according to the SHC, and you will always fold most hands anyway, regardless of what you see a flop with.
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      On the long run you will make more money on these tables. You often get sucked out when opponents call their gutshots and overcards till the river, thats true, but they also call you when you have strong hands. So with these opponents, you have bigger swings.
      What you should do:
      - Valuebet much. People will call you with trash.
      - Dont slowplay. People will call you with trash
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      I instantly moved up to the ordinay tables after playing a week on the beginner tables. To much Tight-aggresive german players over there :P
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nogatsira
      Entire tables playing with the "any 2 cards can win" principle, really lowers your chance to win.

Example: u cap preflop with KK and every idiot with A-rag, any 2 suited, any 2 connected cards call.

You basically never know if you're ahead in a hand or not, cause their handrange is somewhere between AA and 72o and they play it all as if they are aces.

same think happened to me 2 times in a row
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nogatsira

A dream for every poker player.

I know it is hard when you just started but believe me sooner or later you will find out that these tables are the best place to be.

But you have to be patient. Against these kind of loose tables you win only a few pots but most of the time big pots, since they will pay you off calling down with crap.
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      I had the same feeling/situation. On beginners tables I lost money, but on ordinary tables I won, so I continued playing on ordinary tables and it has been profitable...

Basically, if you don't feel comfortable on beginners tables, just play on ordinary ones. If you feel good and in the process are making money, then you're set.

At least, that's my view of this situation.