[NL2-NL10] NL4 top pair on the turn

• andreibalint
      Again a strange hand... And again thanks for (hopefully) telling me how this hand should be played.

Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , T:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,04, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,12) 3:spade: , 5:heart: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0,12) K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,08, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0,16, Hero raises to $0,40, MP2 raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,60.

River: ($2,12) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2,12, Hero calls $2,12.

Final Pot: $6,36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Td)
      MP2 shows three of a kind, nines (9d 9h)

MP2 wins with three of a kind, nines (9d 9h)
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't think you can make a mistake with that hand preflop, i would probably raise it up to isolate the 64/19 guy but if you don't feel comfortable bloating the pot out of position, completing is fine.

Leading the turn is fine, it's an unraised pot and nobody showed interest in the hand yet, we're betting for value/protection. When you get minraised by MP2 it's dicey, he doesn't seem very aggressive so i'm more inclined to think he has a good hand rather than a bluff. 3betting is overplaying your hand, remember you don't want to go broke with top pair average kicker in a unraised pot. I'd probably call given the odds just in case he's doing that with worse, and check/fold the river to any serious bet.

Hope it helps.