[NL20-NL50] 77 sh nl25.

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:club: , 7:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0,75, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,75, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,85) 8:club: , 8:diamond: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,25, MP2 calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,35) 3:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $3,00, MP2 calls $3,00.

River: ($10,35) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2,50, Hero raises to $7,75, MP2 raises to $13,00, Hero raises to $20,15 (All-In), MP2 calls $7,15.

Final Pot: $50,65

villian is quite agresiv and he checks this very good flop to cbet to me. I think I should just check behind flop and fold to turn betright? This is suspicious he didn't cbet so maybe he wants to trap me.

As played on the flop is turn and river ok?
  • 2 replies
    • Volrath89
      AF of 2.0 in 63 hands is not "quite aggressive", more like "normal"

Checking that flop doesn't have to mean a monster (its ok for a cbet but not that great), he can as well be giving up his hand so I also bet flop IP.

If I get called, then its weird so I happily check behind turn.

On that river I go broke always.
    • MaestroOfZerg

77 isn't that strong of a hand, i'd also stab at the flop to try and take it down right here, since if i'm planning to call one bet i'd rather bet it myself to have FE sometimes. Plus sometimes you get some weird value from people who revert to check/call mode with draws. When he calls i think a turn bet would be thin unless you can really put him on a draw, in which case reverse-blockbetting the turn to set up a check behind on a blank river may be ok too. I'd mostly check behind without knowing much on the guy.

As played on the river he could have a passively-played flushdraw/straightdraw that got there or a (wrongly)-slowplayed naked 8x/big pocket pair (why not :p), going broke is fine especially against that player. If he happens to have you smoked with 88/JJ it's a cooler, make a note he takes those lines with flopped nuts so that you know better in case your hand is marginally strong next time.

Hope it helps.