Quitting

• 23 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      if that's the reason to quit for you, do it immediately.. and yes, you can keep those $50
    • Bender93
      Bender93
      Bronze
      Ok im not Quitting,i will take a 3 month break,
      to read some books and improve my tactic.

Btw is there any way to get your silver articles?
      Please i would be very happy.
      I wold make silver rank like 2 weeks ago but i had 10 day vacation.

PM me.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      there's no other way than earning points
    • bubi23
      bubi23
      Bronze
      I suggest changing site. FTP is terrible with variance.
    • Skalmann
      Skalmann
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bubi23
      Yes teh internet pokerz is rigged ofc...
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skalmann
      Yes teh internet pokerz is rigged ofc...
      yes stick with internet p0rnz...
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      jokestars* are better
      I mean pokerstars sorry...
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      they're all the same when will people realise!
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Actually they are not all the same from what I`ve seen. The fishier the site the more variance you will have to stand but the more money it will bring you in the long run if you can keep out of tilting and just play your best. So actually site like pokerstars with more good player should have less variance just because there are fewer fish to call you with everything and suck out like crazy in the doomswitch periods / donate money in the green days, whereas a site like everest shold be on the other side with shitloads of variance just waiting for you
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well I don't buy that. I don't think all the people on site 'a' are idiots and all those on 'b' are tight, thinking players.

I've played on 3 sites now and had days when there were fish aplenty and days when no one called my raises unless they had a better hand than me - on each site.

Just because a total fish calls your AA with a rubbish hand like 72o, doesn't mean he's more likely to suck out on you than if someone calls with JTs so I don't see why variance should be greater on fishier sites.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      you get less FE for one, so you could adjust your play as well.

But in general, if will feel more swingy playing against fish because of the spectacular suckouts.

If someone calls you with Top Pair Mid Kicker vs your TPTK, and hits his kicker on the turn, you'll go oh well.

But if someone calls your c-bet with a backdoor low flush and bottom pair vs your aces. And he proceeds to hit his runner runner flush. You go @#$$#Y#$%&@$%GWT!#$%#@$%@#$@#$@#$!#$!@#$
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      whereas a site like everest shold be on the other side with shitloads of variance just waiting for you
      Don't EVER talk bad about everest!! Everest on 0.01/0.02 some months back, so the lower micro micro "full of fish" stakes...

It's the closest my EV line was from any site!!
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I never said "Dont play on fishy sites". It`s common sense that fishy sites bring more profit in the long run , but you have to be able to face the variance.

@Tim I don`t know what sited you have played but sites like 888.com or ladbrokes compared to fulltilt or pokerstars , there are WAAAAY more fishes at least at the NL20-NL50 levels. And the AA vs anything I don`t see the point on that. Ofc it`s the same shit even vs KK but variance doesn`t mean losing with AA vs random hand. If a fish sees bottom pair no kicker as good enough to call 3 streets you WILL face more variance than when facing a player who knows what is a hand and what is trash and of course on the long run you will make more profit.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      my graph was not to prove it is profitable but to show how low variance it is there.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      5k hands proves nothing. ;)
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      5k hands proves nothing. ;)
      :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      LOL.. Lots of weird posts ITT.

All sites are rigged. sometimes in your favor, other times in others'. Get over it guys.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I wonder how many more good players would there be out there if everyone wasn't so fixated on how variance is beating the crap out of them with a stick and instead tried to work on how good they play. It doesn't matter how often u get sucked out on, if u play a solid game u'll get sucked out on far less then u will win in those situations! For the love of god it's called SUCKING OUT! I can't help but wonder why noone is bragging about how they sucked out on some other poor shmuck ... prolly cause everyone realizes how awful they played the hand and are too ashamed to post it. Time to raise hell when someone else does it to us tho huh?

If u can't take the worst of it u don't deserve the best of it. If u can't accept that put ur money somewhere else.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VirtuaGod
      my graph was not to prove it is profitable but to show how low variance it is there.
      lol?

While we're at it.... just variance wise... since poker sites obviously affect overall variance... play at ongame. The following bigger sample size will prove that you will always run like God:

:f_biggrin: