[NL20-NL50] nl50 sh AKs

• BloodyB
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) 2, K, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $9.00, Hero raises to $24.00, BB raises to $39.25(All-In), Hero calls $21.25.

Turn: ($100.25) 6 (2 players)

River: ($100.25) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $100.25.

v: 23/17/1.3/13 95h
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

His big vpip/pfr gap probably means he can flat 22-99, some broadways, some suited connectors there, maybe some bigger pairs if he feels like it. His AF seems pretty low even over this small sample, so he might not even check/raise that many draws in that spot. He is representing KQ or a set exactly (people do not raise just top pair for value in that spot at these stakes), together with maybe some flushdraws/straight draws, and probably some bluffs since he'll show up here with lots of missed stuff. Against a range that will call or shove over a 3bet tho, unsurprisingly you're a huge dog, meaning you certainly don't want to 3bet/call in that spot, as it's not even clear if he would call it off with draws or not (i don't think he would unless maybe he has something like AsQs).

Given that it's a steal situation folding would be weak, i would call in position and see what he does on the turn, but that guy doesn't really feel like the type to be (semi)bluff-happy here so i probably wouldn't call a turn bet even on a blank, unless he makes it cheap. If he checks the turn i wouldn't bet either, you'd have to bet somewhat big to protect against some draws, and these are the only worse hands that will call you. Yet most people would give up a flushdraw here unless you give them odds which you don't wanna do, and it's really crappy when you get raised, as the players that are aggro in these steal situations will sometimes double c/r something like a nutflush or a set here, figuring you might bet "to protect" but can't really call it off.

bet/call flop c/f turn would be my line, i might call a moderate river bet if the turn (blank) is checked through and the river blanks out too, because that line doesn't really make much sense for made hands that beat you.

Hope it helps.