$11.55
      MP2:
      $4.25
      MP3:
      $11.31
      CO:
      $4.25

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 2, Q, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.85) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.85) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $5.75, Hero ???

What would u have done?
      Unknown opponent.
      To explain my check on the turn ... He took a really long time to check, hence I check behind. I was considering he could try to induce bluff with a potential flush ..

What would you have done on flop / turn / river?

Thanks.

p.s. I moved to SH today :D With great results so far, running in an insane upswing @ 30bb/100, but I'm still unsure on how to react sometimes ... Its easy to react to a donk bet when I have the nuts .. but it's obviously not always the case!
      I'll greatly appreciate experienced opinions.
  • 3 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I would bet more on the flop. Check the turn as you did. On the river I tend to fold here. It looks like an inviting bet (people usually bet big when they bluffing on the river on this limit). I think calling is also an option. I don't like the small raise. You don't get much fold equity with it and you got a weak hand that is likely behind.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: fold!

I see you just moved to shorthanded play (coming from FR I guess?). I did the same a bit over a month ago and my first reflex was "I have to play more hands now!" so I started playing all kinds of garbage. It's true, you should play more hands but Q9o, even from the button is very loose imo.

Judging by this hand you're post-flop play isn't fantastic either. I think it's better to just tighten up a little, until you get more familiar with post-flop play. You'll notice that post-flop play is way more important in SH play in comparison to FR play.

This is a pretty decent start hand chart:
      UTG:22+, AJo+, ATs+, KQ

MP: 22+, ATo+, A9s+, KQ, QJs, JTs, KJs

CO: 22+, broadway, ATo+, A6s+, 98s+

BU: 22+, A2s+, A5o+, 65s+, J9s/T8s/97s, K9s/Q9s

SB: Raise: 99+, ATo+, A8s+, KQ
      Complete: 88-, suited broadway, 76s+ (never open complete!!! Preferably only complete with 2 or more limpers in front)

BB: IP: BU range
      OOP: UTG range
      Flop: c-bet, but bet bigger (~60-62c).

Turn: ok

River: Just call and get the showdown... You only have second pair, you're more then ok with getting to a cheap showdown.
      Why do you raise here? Which hands that do not have you beat are gonna call you here, ask yourself that question and you're gonna understand that all worse hands are gonna fold here and that probably all better hands are gonna call you.
      As played... you have to fold to that re-raise. He's often gonna have that flush I think, regardless he's gonna have you beat 98% of the time.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind the preflop raise it's standard for most people, although if you are new to short handed you might want to stick with more solid hands at first as Mstlc mentioned.

I'd also bet a little bigger on the flop, $0.6 is fine.

On the turn you can't really get value from worse hands now that the flush came in, plus you don't really want to get check/raised of you flush redraw. Checking behind is fine.

On the river i wouldn't bother trying to bluff raise people at these stakes, they likely don't handread well enough to make big folds, plus they like to see showdowns to begin with. Unless you notice somebody is very tight or scared money, just don't get fancy, play solid and you'll make money. Given the odds you get, looking him up probably wouldn't be the worse call ever, but you only beat a bluff really, so saving yourself the $0.6 is ok too depending on the feel you get from that guy's bet.

Hope it helps.