$1.99
      MP1:
      $2.24
      MP2:
      $1.23
      MP3(Hero):
      $2.30

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, 2 folds, UTG1 raises to $0.35(All-In), Hero calls $0.27, BU calls $0.27.

Flop: ($1.14) T, 9, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $1.03, BU calls $0.13.

Turn: ($5) K (3 players)

River: ($5) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $5.

Should I have called the reraise with the overpair on that board?
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I suggest you play straight forward at the beginning meaning that you should reraise UTG's shove with KK pf.

Flop: bet/shove is our line here, your OP is very likely to be the best hand. BU's range include many worser hands(Tx,FD,SD)
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      thank you for replying maya, let me just ask you two more things

you're telling that with AA or KK, no matter the size of my stack, I should try to go all-in before the flop?

what about AK and QQ before the flop?
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi, if I may...

AA you should be more than happy to go all in preflop at any limit, that's what you should be aiming to do, after all you will win ~80% of the time, or higher depending on what you opponent has.

KK definitely move all in at micro limits, especially NL2 and NL5. Others would be happy to move all in at higher limits as well preflop.

AQ, not advisable to do so at any limits, in fact you should be folding AQ on occasions depending on your position and actions of players before you.

QQ, being very tight I personally would not go all in preflop, especially if I have a big stack against another big stack. Small stack or against a small stack I'm more than happy to move all in, someone small stacked at micro limits tend to play very loose and go all in with pretty much anything.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      thank you michael!
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MancaMulas
      thank you for replying maya, let me just ask you two more things

you're telling that with AA or KK, no matter the size of my stack, I should try to go all-in before the flop?

what about AK and QQ before the flop?
      Your goal is to get the money pf with AA and KK, At the beginning of your poker carrer always raise/reraise KK and AA pf no matter what is your stack or what is your position.
      AK and QQ are a bit more tricky. Our position, Our image, The number of players sitting on the table (SH,FR) , Our opponent - they all influence our decision. Any situation is different from anther. So stick to the first thumb rule concerning KK and AA, post QQ and AK they you aren't sure about them.