Sick of bad beats

• eagle5h8
      eagle5h8
      Basic
      I have been playing on PartyPoker for about a month now and I have been losing money regularly despite playing according to the guide religiously. I constantly seem to slowly get a little ahead only to lose everything I made due to some moron lucking out on the river (usually this happens 2, 3, or more times at a game) and while I bet, he calls, bet, he calls, only to have them hit the second pair on the river. Most recently, this happened with him having 23 to beat my aks with aces paired. He had paired his 2 on the flop and hit the 3 on the river. I know that his will happen from time to time and odds say I should come out ahead, but why am I constantly losing money????? I am so sick of this. This same basic scenario happened 4 straight hands that I played (not folded after the flop) after I built up to just over $6.00 (starting with $5.00) and I left the table with $1.23. I don't feel I am a bad player, fairly new to the game and certainly no pro but should be able to more than hold my own against the likes on PartyPoker following a decent game plan like this.

Sick of bad beats
  • 8 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      anyone who complains about bad beats are bad players. i learnt this recently ;)

take a break for a week. come back and reread the articles, make sure you have done icm and you have shc infront of you.
    • Botervisken
      Botervisken
      Bronze
      practice makes perfect
    • oFISHnCHIPSo
      oFISHnCHIPSo
      Bronze
      "practice makes perfect?" Did you even read the original post? He's not trying to out-play people, he's following the basic SSS religiously and getting bad beat. I know how he feels. I don't trust Party Poker one bit. Of course idiots get lucky sometimes, but it sometimes reaches a point when those idiots actually win so often that maybe they're not actually idiots, or even human. Anyone who's played a "hi/lo" slot machine or a silly poker game on their mobile phone will know how easy it is to tweak an apparently random event so that it's not random at all. If the slot is on 2 you don't press hi, you press collect. If you play on Party Poker you stop playing on Party Poker asap. ;)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      FISHCAKE
    • oFISHnCHIPSo
      oFISHnCHIPSo
      Bronze
      If you say so.

Did it hurt?

What?

The sense-of-humour bypass operation, dumbass.

Up your volume OP, and don't let the suckouts mess with your head. Play right over a large enough sample and you're bound to win.

But for a noob on micro-stakes who's easily tilted by "bad beats", I'd recommend SnGs and MTTs over ring games (but on a site with lower % fees than Party.)

Just my personal opinion, go ahead and rid me of my freedom of speech if you must!
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      I am sick and really tired of bad beats and suckouts too.
      I am really annoyed these things happen but because i can do nothing about em,i dont care much lately.Some time ago after a bad beat i would always complain to someone,about how sick last hand was,then realized i repeat myself too much,so i got used to it somehow.

Cheers
    • dpoker61
      dpoker61
      Bronze
      stop going all in. a few weeks ago same problem happpened to me, i then assesed my game and realized i was all-in on way to many pots
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey eagle5h8,

Welcome to Pokerstrategy and the Forums!

It is good that you are following the SSS religiously because this is one of the most obvious and easiest ways to make it work. And like you said you are only loosing because you are getting badbeated. If you are going all in, and you have the best hand on the Flop/Turn, then there is not much you can do. This is just variance and it will take care of itself in the long run :)

Also oFISHnCHIPSo, welcome to Pokerstrategy and the Forums.

You are entitled to your opinion but i will just say that all poker rooms and there random number generators are independently checked. I can link you to this thread where it is explained a bit more: Is Party Poker "rigged"?

Finally just calm it down guys, and try and be nice to each other :)

Regards to all,

-Jack