Moving from 0,25/0,5 SH to 0,5/1 SH

• kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      I am playing in Party poker and i am thinking to move to upper limit. How much are these limits different? And how i should change my game for that limit ?
  • 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi kevvu

I've not played on PP but I think that this advice is more or less accurate no matter what.

Your game shouldn't change on the micro/low limits because there are always fish available. The only real consideration is to pay more attention to leaks in your game as each higher limit brings more regs and therefore highlights any weaknesses in your game.

Unless your game is watertight, the number one consideration (well, outside BRM but I'm assuming you've got this covered) as you move up is table selection IMO. Otherwise, as always, just keep working on improving your game and eliminating the leaks.

Good luck dude! :f_biggrin:
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      It sounds good when i should play like i played in 0,25/0,5.
      Its my next time to try that limit. I tried FR and there i lost with half mount over 200$. In 0,25/0,5 Sh its so easy, i am lots up there, but 0,5/1 maybe have big variance, what i dont like.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I would like to add that, in my experience, the best thing to do when moving up is to shorten your sessions and decrease the number of tables if you multi-table.

This greatly reduces the risk of tilt and allows you to minimize losses while you adjust your game and learn your lessons as cheaply as possible. Put a leash on your sessions, not your game.

I also second everything Waiboy said. The play always gets a little better at each higher stake, review your game, and pay attention to table selection.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      50c/1$ SH is easily beatable on Party. Tableselection is more important here, but it depends on Your playing time. I stopped playing on Party just because there are no good tables during my playing time (CET afternoon/evening). It usually changes a lot at night. Around midnight tables are usually very fishy.
      Fullring is a joke. Tables are usually very tight and not worth playing imo. It's maybe better at night/morning, don't know. Just check it.

To sum it up: Yes, there is a difference, but with time and table selection still beatable imo. Tables are bit tighter during promotions. With no promotion running -> fishy as hell :f_grin:

Anyway, good luck :club:
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Thanks, i am trying to follow these guidelines. ;)