Break-even after 2.6k raked hands.. time to worry?

• Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      So I played 2600 raked hands on the .10/.20 and I'm still break even.

I do have to admit that I wasnt paying much attention to the bankroll management at first (shame on me!)
      I played some Step tournaments, so thats like $12 lost overthere.
      I managed to get down to $27 or something in that range and then I switched to .5/1 tables (shame even harder!).
      Overthere I grinded it back up to over $100 but offcorse the downswing followed aswell, went back to $40 and then I started at .10/.20, and staying there till I have $90 now! (finaly learned!)

But after playing a week now at .10/.20, around 4 hours a day 4tabling, I'm only at $50. I don't think I'm playing that bad at all, is it possible that it just moves up this slow, that I have bad luck or that I just overestimate myself as a pokerplayer?

How are the other bronze members doing?
      I'm playing full ring limit hold'em btw.
  • 3 replies
    • Ulek
      Ulek
      Black
      Just give it time. The only thing you can do to make the process faster is improving your skill by posting sample hands and reading the articles/books. On the german forum there are a lot of (good) players who complain about being breakeven after 50k hands. So just dont worry.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Ok thanks :)
      I've read it all and even reread it. Now I started posting hands and replying on others posted hands, I hope I'll improve by it (and offcorse hope to be able to use it in my game)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nogatsira
      Ok thanks :)
      I've read it all and even reread it. Now I started posting hands and replying on others posted hands, I hope I'll improve by it (and offcorse hope to be able to use it in my game)
      The best thing you can do!

Keep on doing that.