Nogatsira
      Bronze
      1) Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      Limit: $0.10/$0.2
      10 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG with J J
      Hero raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 4 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8 A 4 (7SB, 3 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls, MP1 raises, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 6 (6BB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls.

River: 2 (8BB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 10BB

2) Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      10 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with J Q
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 3 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: 5 Q 9 (5.5SB, 2 players)
      UTG+2 bets, Hero raises, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: 8 (4.75BB, 2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, Hero calls.

River: 6 (8.75BB, 2 players)
      UTG+2 bets, Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 10.75BB

3) Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      10 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with Q Q
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO caps, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 8 4 3 (16.5SB, 4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 7 (12.75BB, 3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO raises, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: 2 (16.75BB, 2 players)
      Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 20.75BB
  • 6 replies
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Hand 1)
      You should raise the flop to push out MP1. If you are 3-betted you stand in a harder posistion, but vs. an unknown i would drop the hand, since he will have an ace a set or two pair almost all the time (no draws except for gutshots possible). As played you don't have much information on what MP1 and i won't try to judge if a calldown or a fold is the better option.

Hand 2)
      WP'ed i would say. The question is if you can raise the river with the 3rd best hand, but i think a call is the better option.

Hand 3)
      Hmm.. cap the flop + bet the turn and calldown to a raise i think. With his preflop action we should put him on ~JJ+, AQs+, AKo, and i doubt he would play overcards that aggresively so we are down to four possible holdings: JJ, (QQ), KK or AA with the most possible holdings being KK/AA. It would be too weak to lay it down on this board though.
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      1) Never call in this situation. If u wanna play this hand Raise or Fold. In your case i would have folded after the raise from MP1.

2) Nice played

3) This one is difficult. I would calldown to his 3-bet on the flop. So check/call the turn instead of betting
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      3) I really dont think he is holding overcards here. Would he 3-bet A-high vs u? I dont think so. That river raise also tells me that he sure must has something.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wilm
      1) Never call in this situation. If u wanna play this hand Raise or Fold. In your case i would have folded after the raise from MP1.

2) Nice played

3) This one is difficult. I would calldown to his 3-bet on the flop. So check/call the turn instead of betting
      1) I thought he reraised to get the 3th person out to protect his 8 or 4 or a pair that wasnt the ace. Or is this bad thinking in general?
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Im not sure if u are more often ahead then behind in a situation like 1). Lets wait for an expert on this =)
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      "1) I thought he reraised to get the 3th person out to protect his 8 or 4 or a pair that wasnt the ace. Or is this bad thinking in general?"

He probably did raise to get one or even both players out, but you should still never call in this situation. I lean toward a raise but as Wilm said even a fold might be better.