$10.60
      BB:
      $5.43
      MP2:
      $10.32
      MP3:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $0.95, BB folds, BU raises to $2.75, Hero calls $2.10.

Flop: ($6.3) 4, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BU calls $3.00.

Turn: ($12.3) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($12.3) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50(All-In), [I]BU folds.. [/I]

BU is quite tight and I was putting him on AK.

Looking back at the hand, I think I really played it horribly.
      My bet was quite small on the flop because I had only 7.5 remaining ... But therefore I guess I should have better pushed as I was seeing myself ahead?
      And as I did that, I have no idea why I checked the turn (especially for donking the river where a potential FD would have hit ...)
      Oh my ..

All inputs appreciated.
      Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • dontbetalot
      dontbetalot
      Bronze
      That's a nice read, but he could have done such a moove with something like QQ+, AK and maybe AQs+.
      If he has got TT vs AK, AQ, it's a coin flip. If on the flop there is a higher card than you Ten, especially a Q,K,A, it's gonna be hard for you to decide if you're ahead or behind.
      If he has got QQ+, you're already way behind.
      It's interesting to play for the set value, and the ammount you have to pay to see the flop is way too big.

the flop doesn't help anyone, so the float is well played here. If you think you had showdown value before the flop, you have the same here, because nothing happened.

The check behind of the turn shows that he might be scared of your hand, else he would have bet with the position to go all-in. So I think you're right, he has AK, AQ which didn't hit.
      Then you use your fold equity, and make him fold. He may have thought you were on a flush draw.

You read him well, and got a little bit lucky I think, because you had no clue on his range, but i think it's not worthwhile to play TT with a 4bet, out of position, it's a complicated situation you can avoid.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dontbetalot
      You read him well, and got a little bit lucky I think, because you had no clue on his range, but i think it's not worthwhile to play TT with a 4bet, out of position, it's a complicated situation you can avoid.
      ²

It's a blind battle so you can play a bit looser but his range still has you crushed here most likely. Unless you guys had some history involving blind battles in previous orbits, this is a definite pre-flop fold imo. Especially since you claim the BU is a tight player.

Also: make your 3-bets bigger.
      3bets => in position: x3, out of position: x3.5. You should raise to $1.2-1.3 here pre-flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by dontbetalot
      i think it's not worthwhile to play TT with a 4bet, out of position, it's a complicated situation you can avoid.
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      It's a blind battle so you can play a bit looser but his range still has you crushed here most likely. Unless you guys had some history involving blind battles in previous orbits, this is a definite pre-flop fold imo. Especially since you claim the BU is a tight player.

Also: make your 3-bets bigger.
      3bets => in position: x3, out of position: x3.5. You should raise to $1.2-1.3 here pre-flop.

This. If BU is tight he's not doing that without JJ+/AK ever, you don't want to see a flop against that range especially out of position, you're crushed. Setmining is out of the question, you're not deep stacked enough.

If BU wasn't that tight and/or was capable of bluffing, you might continue with TT but that would be by 5bet shoving it over his 4bet. Flatcalling just isn't a good idea overall in that spot for TT.

As played, even tho you shouldn't get into that situation to begin with, the only worse hand you can get value from is AK, and AK will likely fold if you lead into it, whereas it might cbet with a gutshot if you check. However, he will also c-bet with JJ+ always, and since you have more combos of JJ+ than AK, you'll get valuetowned more often than not if you check/call.

That means you don't have a better option than check/folding if you don't hit a set, and since that happens so rarely, you have no good option. Again, fold preflop next time.

Hope it helps.