$7.06
      CO:
      $9.20
      BU:
      $24.10
      SB:
      $11.13

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BU calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.85) 2, T, Q (5 players)
      SB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.70, MP3 folds, CO folds, BU folds, SB calls $1.80.

Turn: ($7.25) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.25, Hero raises to $7.49, SB calls $0.24.

River: ($22.23) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $22.23.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).
      SB shows a straight, queen high(J 9).

SB wins with a straight, queen high(J 9).

What do you think?
      How would you guys have played it?

Thanx
  • 4 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: Raise to 4BB imo, these pre-flop potsize raises is something I don't think you should do below NL25. It doesn't make a huge difference but still.

Flop: Raise potsize! $0.90 x 3 + $1.85 = $4.55.
      Board is very drawy: flush draw + all kinds of straight draws out there.
      You've got 3 people behind as well, meaning that if one of those 3 calls your bet now, SB is getting such sick odds that he's not gonna be able to fold on the flop and apparently SB doesn't even think he needs those odds. Just raise bigger, imo you wanna pick up the pot on the flop with your Aces, playing 5 way flops with just an overpair isn't funny... ;<

Turn: Broke... I don't think I'd be able to fold here either. If the flush would've completed I'd probably lay this down but right here the only had that complete it's straight is J9...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with Mstlc's post mostly, although you probably don't need to make it exactly a potsize raise on the flop, something like $3.5 will give you more protection and still allow you to fold if he open shoves on a club turn for ~6.5$ into $9.

As played it's a tough call, i don't think he's ever bluffing in that spot but he's representing exactly J9 and nothing else. Still you see people shoving the nut flush draw like that sometimes, or even a random top pair once in a while. I think you have to call against an unknown.

Hope it helps.
    • staicu74
      staicu74
      Bronze
      After reviewing the hand, I found my raise on the flop too small, too. I think there was a little tilt there, too, as I got a bit angry because 4 players called my raise with AA utg. Theoretically, a fold on the turn would have been posible,because TT and 99 may have played the hand the same way.

Thanx
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I doubt 99 would have called the flop raise let alone shoved the turn with underpair+gutshot. I guess TT is possible if your opponent doesn't get the concept of protection (the flop is somewhat drawy, he should have bet bigger and 3bet against a raise out of position), just don't count on it against decent players.

Hope it helps.