[NL2-NL10] NL2 - AK semi-bluff against 2 Op, from BU

• MancaMulas
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      MP1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) T, J, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB folds, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.31.

Gutshot + Overcards = 10 outs!

I think it is the right move to bet
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Gutshot + overcards =/= 10 outs. More like 8 or 9 outs.
      2 overcards don't give you 6 clean outs, you have to discard 1-2 outs for overcards.
      Against AJ for example an Ace isn't an out anymore, against KJ a king isn't an out either.

What you're doing here is kind of player dependant. Against players that are folding to a lot of c-bets I guess it's ok. Especially cause there's no flush draw out there and the only draws here are a few straight draws.

If the flop were T J 5 for example, you really shouldn't c-bet as flush draws are just gonna call you which is not what you want here.

Without stats, I wouldn't c-bet into 2 players at least...
    • MaestroOfZerg

TJx flops usually aren't that good for c-bets, because they potentially hit a lot of hands especially against bad players, which is our assumption on MP1 based on his limp/call preflop. Any reasonable Ax, Kx, Qx, Jx, Tx, 9x will have some kind of pair, gutshot, OESD or some combo of those, and bad players will peel with anything. If there is a flushdraw on board, which isn't the case here, it's even worse as Mstlc pointed out. BB seems like a decent player and he's trapped between you and the fish, which means he's going to go away unless he hit it big, which he seldom will.

Overall i don't hate a c-bet in that spot especially if MP1's range is super wide, but i don't think you need to nearly pot it, your hand isn't strong enough for you to want to build a huge pot with it. Around 1/2-2/3 pot will do easily. More often than not tho, i think you're better off checking behind to keep the pot small and see if you hit something.

Hope it helps.