Stack
      SB:
      $106.65
      Hero:
      $20.00
      BU:
      $98.50

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , T:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BU raises to $6.00, SB calls $5.50, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($19.00) K:heart: , A:club: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $12.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $14.00 (All-In), BU calls $2.00.

Turn: ($47.00) 2:spade:
      River: ($47.00) J:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $47.00

Thoughts, please?
  • 8 replies
    • aboesing
      aboesing
      Bronze
      Only steal with KT on button with few stats of your opponents.
      Your equity against BU using PFR 6% is only 30% and you dont have pot equity to push.
      And with few stats you see that SB is loose, so its not a good position to try a blindsteal.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks, could you give me some feedback about the hand as played please?

After the small 3bet and SB call - who is loose so has a relatvily loose range - I get pot odds of over 4:1 so calling can't be a huge mistake, can it?
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      i like your 2,5bb raise preflop when the button is not coldcalling much.
      if Sb or Bb coldcall Its not a bad thing because we have position with a moderate hand.

But i fold against the reraise & Sb coldcall.
      You just hit the flop 33% of times and cant be sure if your hand is good than.
      you can easily being dominated by hands like AT,KQ,KJ...
      so I fold here despite good odds to call
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Fair enough.

As played, what about the check/call? It was close but I felt it was reasonable to discount Aces in BU's hand given the two on the deck so my main worry is K with a better kicker which is certainly possible though not that likely given I have a blocker. It seems he can also bet here with high pps that I have beat given neither I nor sb showed strength on the flop yet?
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      flop is very good in my opinion.
      I play it the same way because the button can bet a wide range here because of his position advantage, and SB + you showed no strength.
      His high AF is also very important!
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I also agree with flop play, he would c-bet with many hands on this flop.

But I'd fold to 3bet pre flop. BU 3bet against CO raise is not that weak, and KTo is weak/dominated.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks - on reflection I agree with both points. Fold after the 3bet and call must be right with this somewhat marginal hand.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

preflop steal is fine, but I would give up KTo after BU 3-bets. You can't push as you very likely lack equity against his range, but can't be very specific after only 82 hands. On the other hand if you call with good odds you can find yourself in a lot of trouble on the flop, as your K is likely dominated thus you must play for 2-pair+ or TP(with K kicker) to be quite sure you are ahead.

As played, there are many hands that BU will c-bet and you are ahead against, so I would go broke as you did.

Regards,
      burek2000