This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS squeeze & equity question

• PanDuzePE
      PanDuzePE
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I just want to make sure that I make correct decision vs 2 oponnents when I play squeeze.

For example :
      1/2 NL
      UTG raises 6$, MP calls 6$, Hero BB AQs

Hero = 40 $
      PFR utg range = 10 %

MP cold call = 6%

And now, when I play I count only equity vs 6% because I know that vs 10% im ahead.

So:

40 + 6 + 40 when MP calls = 86 to win / 40 = about 46% equity I need

AQs vs 6 % range = 41.378% So I fold

Correct or maybe I make terrible mistake ?

Friends tells me that I play wrong because in he`s opinion we need in this case 31%.

But I play like that because I see how to count equity in this movie :

http://pl.pokerstrategy.com/video/3350

(polish sound but is not needed to understand)

In this hand I count from this method :

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RyRFFUb0JBNkdGa1E9PQ

Sorry for maybe stupid question but I want to make sure

Best Regards,
      P
  • 4 replies
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      You didn't include fold equity in your calculation. Also, MP calling 6% doesnt mean top 6%, because he 3bets X% and calls 6%, could be wrong here, cause I dont use any of the advanced stats(DB aint big enough yet)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Your friend is right that:

if you can win $86 by only investing $40, you only need ~31% equity.

But remember, you only win $86 when UTG and MP both call, so you have to compare your hand against 6% and 10% together and in that case your equity goes down. You said:

when I play I count only equity vs 6% because I know that vs 10% im ahead.

That's not right. If you go all in with AQ vs AJ you are ahead but you don't have 100% equity because opponent can still get a J - so you still have to count opponent's equity even if you are ahead.

Now, if you think UTG always folds then you only equilate against 6%, but then you only win $46 not $86. I.e. you can't have it both ways.

If you only wine $46 then you need better equity - in this case 46.51% - which is the figure you mention.

So, if you can win more you need less equity. But if you win less, you need more equity. Simple.

edit: also, remember to include FE like whateverdude said.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Your friend is right that:

if you can win $86 by only investing $40, you only need ~31% equity.

But remember, you only win $86 when UTG and MP both call, so you have to compare your hand against 6% and 10% together and in that case your equity goes down. You said:

when I play I count only equity vs 6% because I know that vs 10% im ahead.

That's not right. If you go all in with AQ vs AJ you are ahead but you don't have 100% equity because opponent can still get a J - so you still have to count opponent's equity even if you are ahead.

Now, if you think UTG always folds then you only equilate against 6%, but then you only win $46 not $86. I.e. you can't have it both ways.

If you only win $46 then you need better equity - in this case 46.51% - which is the figure you mention.

So, if you can win more you need less equity. But if you win less, you need more equity. Simple.

edit: also, remember to include FE like whateverdude said.[/quote]
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i think once your ahead of their ranges your guaranteed to have the lions share of the equity.