[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AJ SB 3 bet squeeze vs CO open raise

• MikeyH
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , A:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, CO calls $1.20, BU folds.

Flop: ($3.40) 6:heart: , 3:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.10, CO raises to $8.00 (All-In)

I think I have played correct here preflop. Question is the flop, should I c-bet here after showing strength? or should I take his 20/10 VPIP/PFR into consideration and give credit for a possible hand?

If I do c-bet here do I call the shove ($4.90 call into $14.50 pot)? What do you think his hand range is here?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      I'd c-bet any flop as pre-flop aggressor in a 3bet pot since villain can easily give you credit for overpairs here. I would bet/fold here thou, which is why I think you also shouldn't bet too much on the flop. Betting $2.4 is most likely gonna have the same effect here as betting $3.1.

I think you can safely put him on a high pair here tbh.
    • MaestroOfZerg

When he calls preflop if he is good he usually has AQ+/88+, sometimes a lower pocket pair if he clings to those too much. If he isn't that good he can also have whiffed overcards just like yours.

Being out of position you are pretty much forced to c-bet on these dry-ish boards, it's your best way of taking down the pot. Plus you want everyone to know that you will continue with your aggression postflop when you 3bet preflop. As Mstlc mentioned tho, you don't need to bet that much, it's not going to change his calling range at all. Especially here because you don't think you'll make him fold very often if he's a decent player (the flop is not scary for him at all), give yourself better odds on your bluff and save yourself money, even $2 is fine.

When he shoves he probably has some kind of pair and you're not even ahead of AQ/AK, even if he's doing that with a flushdraw you're not in that good a shape, so i would fold to the shove barring a read that he is insane.

Hope it helps.