Stack
      SB:
      $24,75
      BB:
      $40,35
      Hero:
      $26,50

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB calls $0,65, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,25) J:club: , 3:heart: , A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB calls $1,50, BB folds.

Turn: ($5,25) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3,50, SB raises to $7,00, Hero calls $3,50.

River: ($19,25) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $5,00, Hero calls $5,00.

Final Pot: $29,25

I run pretty bad today -4BI 500 hands do you think it can be just a swing? I'm looking for spots where I played bad. Anyway I think this hand is played ok?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's unlikely he has the last J or 33. People usually don't c/c c/mr with a draw tho, maybe he can sometimes do that with a big Ax, sometimes with a bluff too. By 3betting we would isolate ourselves against better hands barring a read that he can go broke with top pair here, i think calling in position is fine i'm not really afraid of a draw.

On the river since that guy is minraising he probably has no clue about bet sizing and his 1/4 pot bet could be strong in his mind. Raising that river for value would probably be way too thin against an unknown with no kicker for our trips, and with the odds you're getting i don't mind calling to see a showdown, he can probably have a random top pair or a bluff often enough to accept 5:1 odds even tho we can except to be behind the majority of the time if he isn't nuts.

Hope it helps.