[NL20-NL50] A6s nl25 sh

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 6:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,75, CO folds, BU calls $0,75, SB folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,35) 7:club: , J:diamond: , J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($4,35) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2,00, Hero raises to $6,00, BU calls $4,00.

River: ($16,35) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $16,35
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

It's probably a bit of a loose call preflop. It looks like MP3 is opening a lot of stuff so his range probably isn't that strong here, and BU is also loose enough to come along with mostly crappy hands, which means your implied odds even 120bb deep aren't that high, coupled with the fact that being out of position might make extracting value harder when you hit. Not a big deal tho.

On the flop i would lead. It probably didn't hit anyone hard, i think there's a decent chance you can pick up the pot right there by leading into the pfa that is trapped between you and the fish. Plus since the board is paired, if you get action you'll know you draw is probably in bad shape against Jx already, meaning you can dump it and avoid getting stacked by drawing (sometimes dead) on a paired board.

As played on the flop when you check, pfa checks behind and BU bets weak, i'll probably raise with the same reasoning. As played on the turn, it's fine since that guy could still have a lone Jx or a lower flush and pay you off. As played on the river, the board is now double paired. I don't think BU will ever bet with a worse hand so check/calling is out of the question, he might call a bet with a lower flush so blockbet/folding is better, and check/folding without further reads on BU is probably best unless you've seen him lead draws before.

Hope it helps.