[NL20-NL50] KQ, sh nl25.

• Macias09
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:club:
      MP3 calls $0,25, CO folds, BU raises to $1,00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3,50, MP3 folds, BU calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,35) 5:diamond: , 8:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4,25, BU calls $4,25.

Turn: ($15,85) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($15,85) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $15,85

Im not sure If I should cbet this flop but villian is a fish I hoped he has overcards that will lay down right on the flop. As played should I bluff river?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I would make sure that guy is easy to manipulate postflop before deciding to 3bet KQo for value out of position against him. Given how passive he is, if he has overcards he might call your c-bet anyway, putting you in a tough spot out of position.

He will likely check behind if you check however, and you can very well be ahead of him with K-high. If he somehow makes a dominated pair on later streets with something like QJ or KT it will be good for you. I'd likely check/fold the flop without an hint that he plays fit or fold postflop.

As played on the river he could very well have an A himself when he peels the flop, and he has a diamond often too, which he won't ever fold. Since you can't know how he'll react to 4-flushed boards (he might not even fold 4x if he's bad enough), i wouldn't try to bluff him off anything in that spot.

Hope it helps.