NL10 FR 3-bet range against steal?

• lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

im finding myself in this situation a fair bit over on NL10 tables at FT.

good TAG's will steal raise my blind a decent amount, 30-40% according to their stats and as im still playing pretty much according to the starting BSS hands chart pre flop, im finding myself folding quite tight...

my question is does anyone have any advice on what hand range i can profitably re-raise against a TAG stealing my blinds.

at the moment im only re raising AK,KK,QQ

and calling all pocket pairs for set value using the call-20 rule.

any help would be appreciated, im in a bit of a downswing at the moment and want to find my weaknesses.

(ps. this is only against TAG's because loose/donks/stations will call my 3 bet a larger proportion of the time just because they dont like being pushed around and rocks wont steal with marginal hands so im not even thinking about 3 betting a rock without the goods obviously)

thanks guys!
  • 7 replies
    • Stevenspoker
      Stevenspoker
      Bronze
      if they are stealing looser than normal, its alright to 3bet most mid pocket pairs.. definitely JJ and TT, maybe 99 and 88 if you see success with this. Just make sure you fold to a fourbet. Also, AQ is an easy re-raise to a blind stealer.

I personally have never read the BBS chart and have learnt from vids (not just this site) how to play, and getting creative is the only way to boost your winrate. Every good player knows basic strategy and how to exploit it.

Don't be afraid to try doing your own thing every now and again, SSnl is for robots, no big stack. Just don't go crazy, think about what and why you do something each time.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      thanks stevenspoker thats really good advice.

i think im going to loosen up my range a little, hopefully that helps my EV :)
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      I would add here, that dont go too creative and make crazy moves. I also like to defend my blinds aggressively with AQ+, TT+ ; sometimes other hands.
      Very often they call with some drawing hand and you take pot down with Cbet. So its always good to Cbet (they put you AA/KK very often and fold very wide range of hands without miracle flop.
      Also this means, that if you get some further action, you are likely beaten.
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      88+, AQ+ is my standard value re-steal range. In low limits a TAG with 30-40% of steal understands the steal concept, but he is usually not too much comfortable with the re-steal concept, and with his range being soo wide you are making a lot of $ preflop by defending a lot. Some villains may cold call your 3bet (ofc a mistake) but then you should have no problem taking down the pot with the cbet on good boards.

For 3bet light I prefer SC and small PPs rather than AJ or KQ hands because of the domination problem.

I usually don't like calling PPs for call20 rule here against 30-40% stealers, I'm usually not stacking them when I hit my set (because of their wide range, they are often not hitting) and I'd be folding too much to their cbets. If I call a PP its not to play "no set, no bet" I think it'd -EV in the long run, but since this requires advanced postflop play, a 3bet PF - cbet line is usually the best to take.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      thanks volrath thats a good point. im going to try it out over the next 10k hands and hopefully it works out :)

<3
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      hey guys, thought i would update you on how its going so far..

played about 500 hands after widening my re-steal range and its been working well so far. didnt get into any nasty situations and improved my profit for the day.

:) fingers crossed it keeps going this way.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      This is why they're stealing your blinds so often.
      Just 3bet things like ATs+, AJo+, pocket pairs, etc.