CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 7:spade: T:heart: A:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

TURN ($8.75) 7:spade: T:heart: A:diamond: 4:club:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8.75) 7:spade: T:heart: A:diamond: 4:club: Q:club:

CO bets $7, Hero ?

preflop i call for set value and i was in position anyway,
      on flop, he checks to me and i try to take down pot, thinking if he believed i had an ace, he could find a fold with most of his pocket pairs. i shouldv been instantly supsicious tho bec, he was an aggro maniac with all other hands he played on the table.
      turn i check behind for pot control
      river? can i call this bet?
  • 2 replies
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      just too many overcards for me to make the call, also> these ppl do c/c, c/r line a lot so i like actually that u didnt bet turn, although it might have been more standard for pot control and building up the pot for bluffing spot, but we dont rly want to bluff a maniac.. just let maniacs hang themselves, so only playing str8 forw is usually solid enough, no need to make marginal decisions like this
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

A very aggressive player doesn't fire on an A-high flop, it doesn't get much more suspicious than that. I don't think you can expect any decent aggressive player to be check/folding in that spot, which is why especially with your read i would just check/fold unless i improve somehow on the turn.

As played you don't have a choice and have to fold, this looks way too much like a slowplay line that missed a c/r on the turn when you checked behind.

Hope it helps.