This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99 on button NL50 SH

• purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      villain 28/18/AF 10/30/135

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.25)
      BB ($90.66)
      CO ($51.83)
      Hero ($49.75)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 9:heart:

CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 7:spade: T:heart: A:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

TURN ($8.75) 7:spade: T:heart: A:diamond: 4:club:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8.75) 7:spade: T:heart: A:diamond: 4:club: Q:club:

CO bets $7, Hero ?

preflop i call for set value and i was in position anyway,
      on flop, he checks to me and i try to take down pot, thinking if he believed i had an ace, he could find a fold with most of his pocket pairs. i shouldv been instantly supsicious tho bec, he was an aggro maniac with all other hands he played on the table.
      turn i check behind for pot control
      river? can i call this bet?
  • 2 replies
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      just too many overcards for me to make the call, also> these ppl do c/c, c/r line a lot so i like actually that u didnt bet turn, although it might have been more standard for pot control and building up the pot for bluffing spot, but we dont rly want to bluff a maniac.. just let maniacs hang themselves, so only playing str8 forw is usually solid enough, no need to make marginal decisions like this
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

A very aggressive player doesn't fire on an A-high flop, it doesn't get much more suspicious than that. I don't think you can expect any decent aggressive player to be check/folding in that spot, which is why especially with your read i would just check/fold unless i improve somehow on the turn.

As played you don't have a choice and have to fold, this looks way too much like a slowplay line that missed a c/r on the turn when you checked behind.

Hope it helps.