[NL2-NL10] TT Drawy board NL2

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (10 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG+2) ($1.97)
      MP1 ($1.05)
      MP2 ($5.03)
      MP3 ($1.72)
      CO ($3.69)
      Button ($2.66)
      SB ($0.96)
      BB ($4.29)
      UTG ($1.37)
      UTG+1 ($1.79)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 10, 10
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB calls $0.08, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.33) J, 5, 10 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.33) 9 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.16, Hero raises $0.56, 1 fold, BB calls $0.40

River: ($1.45) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.45

Not sure about this play :rolleyes:
  • 4 replies
    • villeb2
      villeb2
      Bronze
      I would bet out the flop to somewhere around $0.20 instead of letting them see a card for free.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: ok

Flop: Bet!!! Biggest mistake people make... slowplaying made hands. On a dryer board I could go with it but even then, you're still the pre-flop aggresor and you just flopped the nuts (considering set over set rarely happens), you wanna get to valuetown asap and the best way to do so on micro stakes is to bet 3 streets. Just bet big (~25c). Any Jx hand is gonna call you, alot of flush draws are gonna call you as well...
      The way you're playing here, you're making your hand so obvious... raise pre-flop, check flop (plz bluff plz bluff), it gets checked around and then you raise on the turn which basicacly says as much as "oh **** I missed a street of value must raise now, need moar value!". It's so easy for villains to put you on a good made hand here...

Turn: ok I guess, althou the turn is annoying because of the way you played on the flop.

River: Check behind indeed. You're not gonna get called by any worse hands there.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

As you said the board is drawy (FD + OESD are possible), so just bet out on the flop and get it all-in right there if somebody wants to. No reason to get yourself into tricky spots on later streets by slowplaying here and letting them draw for free.

As played on the turn there is still value in a raise because 1 card draws and two pairs hands might still call you, however if you get shoved on it's a nightmare since you don't know anything about these guys. You'll get pretty good odds to call even tho you'll have no idea what they consider worth going broke with, meaning you have to call it off in case they have 99/JT/J9/T9, but will end up feeling bad when they show KQ for a freely obtained straight. Don't get yourself in that situation and bet the flop.

As played, checking behind the river with four to a straight on board is fine.

Hope it helps.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks for great repies :) )! I check set on flop allways don't know why maybe some SnG habbits, well I will start to bet them from now