Sick

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Ok, I'm really trying to keep myself from making whine posts and that kind of stuff, but I just wanna share this hand. I've been running pretty bad in general and this felt like the apex of it all.

This is from a VIP freeroll in iPoker. I had been playing pretty solid and tight. A couple of AK that didnt hit, another AJ didnt hit, no pp hit. I hadn't really hit anything and half my stack was gone and then this hand happens. I don't have hh so I'm just writing it:

Hero holds 77:

UTG calls 80, Hero calls 80, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 40, BB checks.

Flop: 7 :diamond: 9 :diamond: K :heart:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets 320, Hero raises 1350 (AI), SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

UTG shows KQ

Turn: Q

River: Q

:(

I've had worse beats, but the whole context just makes it all worse.
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      In poker if there is a chance for something to happen, one day it will.
      Sure it sucks but at least it was a freeroll and not something like sunday million buble. ;)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah =) In the end this beat actually made me feel good. It gave me a lot of confidence (which was pretty shattered) to be honest
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Losing with bottom set to top pair is standard :(
    • Brejk06
      Brejk06
      Bronze
      I actually had a hand like that the other day although slightly worse

Held AA against 77

The flop was A74 rainbow and we pushed all in. he got the last 7 in the deck on the river and won with his four of a kind. One outers are never fun but it happens sometimes.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Losing with bottom set to top pair is standard :(
      I guess in minbet poker it happens more often :D

How the hell did you become platinum by the way? Shouldn't it take you just a blind post in order to reach diamond?

Originally posted by Brejk06
      I actually had a hand like that the other day although slightly worse

Held AA against 77

The flop was A74 rainbow and we pushed all in. he got the last 7 in the deck on the river and won with his four of a kind. One outers are never fun but it happens sometimes.
      Ouch, tough one. I had one like that once. Except that I sucked out the guy on the turn anad he 1 outered me on the river. lol

It was like this:

I held Ax. We were both all in by the turn.

Board camed 33A A 3

He showed 53, lol.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Just wanna say GL with it Caltabiano! How are your nl25 results? If their good it's just a matter of time right :s_cool: .