This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sick

• caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Ok, I'm really trying to keep myself from making whine posts and that kind of stuff, but I just wanna share this hand. I've been running pretty bad in general and this felt like the apex of it all.

This is from a VIP freeroll in iPoker. I had been playing pretty solid and tight. A couple of AK that didnt hit, another AJ didnt hit, no pp hit. I hadn't really hit anything and half my stack was gone and then this hand happens. I don't have hh so I'm just writing it:

Hero holds 77:

UTG calls 80, Hero calls 80, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 40, BB checks.

Flop: 7 :diamond: 9 :diamond: K :heart:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets 320, Hero raises 1350 (AI), SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

UTG shows KQ

Turn: Q

River: Q

:(

I've had worse beats, but the whole context just makes it all worse.
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      In poker if there is a chance for something to happen, one day it will.
      Sure it sucks but at least it was a freeroll and not something like sunday million buble. ;)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Yeah =) In the end this beat actually made me feel good. It gave me a lot of confidence (which was pretty shattered) to be honest
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Losing with bottom set to top pair is standard :(
    • Brejk06
      Brejk06
      Bronze
      I actually had a hand like that the other day although slightly worse

Held AA against 77

The flop was A74 rainbow and we pushed all in. he got the last 7 in the deck on the river and won with his four of a kind. One outers are never fun but it happens sometimes.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Losing with bottom set to top pair is standard :(
      I guess in minbet poker it happens more often :D

How the hell did you become platinum by the way? Shouldn't it take you just a blind post in order to reach diamond?

Originally posted by Brejk06
      I actually had a hand like that the other day although slightly worse

Held AA against 77

The flop was A74 rainbow and we pushed all in. he got the last 7 in the deck on the river and won with his four of a kind. One outers are never fun but it happens sometimes.
      Ouch, tough one. I had one like that once. Except that I sucked out the guy on the turn anad he 1 outered me on the river. lol

It was like this:

I held Ax. We were both all in by the turn.

Board camed 33A A 3

He showed 53, lol.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Just wanna say GL with it Caltabiano! How are your nl25 results? If their good it's just a matter of time right :s_cool: .