This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo Pacific

• Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      10 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG rodbeni ($2.75)
      UTG+1 Hero ($3.88)
      UTG+2 AlePet ($6.82)
      MP1 ChaKo_pro ($7.97)
      MP2 Lidia_bg ($3.73)
      MP3 gegs ($3.61)
      CO Graufuchs ($2.10)
      BTN Relimous ($1.49)
      SB aolyn ($1.94)
      BB navipro ($1.68)

Pre-flop: ($0.03, 10 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:club: K:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Lidia_bg calls $0.08, 2 folds, Relimous calls $0.08, aolyn calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: 7:heart: 7:club: K:diamond: ($0.34, 4 players)
      aolyn checks, Hero bets $0.24, 2 folds, aolyn folds

Final Pot: $0.58

Hero wins $0.32 ( won +$0 )
      Lidia_bg lost -$0.08
      Relimous lost -$0.08
      aolyn lost -$0.08

First of all, Im new at BSS :f_p:

If someone unknown raises me preflop, what should i do?
      On the flop i have a very good board for me. I dont need to protect here and if i bet only a few hands like Kx will call me. So its very unlikely somebody connected to the board. Is it better to check/raise or just bet here?

Is my amount bet ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Is it better to check/raise or just bet here?

Is my amount bet ok?
      You're the pre-flop aggressor. Just bet out here with your TPTK. As played your AK might get calls from worse kings. If you check/raise quite a few of those weaker kings won't continue cause you've shown so much strength.

Size is ok imo. Heads-up against 1 opponent you could proably bet a bit closer to half pot althou I don't think it matters at NL2. If someone was gonna call a 20c bet with 99 or something alike they'lll probably just call this 24c bet to. I think in general this is probably a good size for NL2 as a lot of people are just gonna play fit and fold and you want value from your hand.
    • purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Is it better to check/raise or just bet here?

Is my amount bet ok?
      You're the pre-flop aggressor. Just bet out here with your TPTK. As played your AK might get calls from worse kings. If you check/raise quite a few of those weaker kings won't continue cause you've shown so much strength.

Size is ok imo. Heads-up against 1 opponent you could proably bet a bit closer to half pot althou I don't think it matters at NL2. If someone was gonna call a 20c bet with 99 or something alike they'lll probably just call this 24c bet to. I think in general this is probably a good size for NL2 as a lot of people are just gonna play fit and fold and you want value from your hand.
      +1
      Regarding the question of what to do had you been raised pre-flop, I think that, at this limit, the proper move would be to re-raise with the intention of going all-in preflop. At NL10 or higher, in general, i think a fold would be best against a complete unknown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      when table is tight, then you can fold AK, since I doubt a lot of players would 3-bet here with AQ or other random hands, so you´re mostly against QQ+/AK.
      imo c/r is overplayed, it is hard worse Kx hands to call c/r, so if you´re going to check then c/c is better, but I don´t see why you should check with tptk, when any Kx hand would call you down
      So I´d bet/bet/bet for value all three streets.