MP1 ChaKo_pro ($7.97)
      MP2 Lidia_bg ($3.73)
      MP3 gegs ($3.61)
      CO Graufuchs ($2.10)
      BTN Relimous ($1.49)
      SB aolyn ($1.94)
      BB navipro ($1.68)

Pre-flop: ($0.03, 10 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:club: K:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Lidia_bg calls $0.08, 2 folds, Relimous calls $0.08, aolyn calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: 7:heart: 7:club: K:diamond: ($0.34, 4 players)
      aolyn checks, Hero bets $0.24, 2 folds, aolyn folds

Final Pot: $0.58

Hero wins $0.32 ( won +$0 )
      Lidia_bg lost -$0.08
      Relimous lost -$0.08
      aolyn lost -$0.08

First of all, Im new at BSS :f_p:

If someone unknown raises me preflop, what should i do?
      On the flop i have a very good board for me. I dont need to protect here and if i bet only a few hands like Kx will call me. So its very unlikely somebody connected to the board. Is it better to check/raise or just bet here?

Is my amount bet ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Is it better to check/raise or just bet here?

Is my amount bet ok?
      You're the pre-flop aggressor. Just bet out here with your TPTK. As played your AK might get calls from worse kings. If you check/raise quite a few of those weaker kings won't continue cause you've shown so much strength.

Size is ok imo. Heads-up against 1 opponent you could proably bet a bit closer to half pot althou I don't think it matters at NL2. If someone was gonna call a 20c bet with 99 or something alike they'lll probably just call this 24c bet to. I think in general this is probably a good size for NL2 as a lot of people are just gonna play fit and fold and you want value from your hand.
    • purpleshoes21
      purpleshoes21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Is it better to check/raise or just bet here?

Is my amount bet ok?
      You're the pre-flop aggressor. Just bet out here with your TPTK. As played your AK might get calls from worse kings. If you check/raise quite a few of those weaker kings won't continue cause you've shown so much strength.

Size is ok imo. Heads-up against 1 opponent you could proably bet a bit closer to half pot althou I don't think it matters at NL2. If someone was gonna call a 20c bet with 99 or something alike they'lll probably just call this 24c bet to. I think in general this is probably a good size for NL2 as a lot of people are just gonna play fit and fold and you want value from your hand.
      +1
      Regarding the question of what to do had you been raised pre-flop, I think that, at this limit, the proper move would be to re-raise with the intention of going all-in preflop. At NL10 or higher, in general, i think a fold would be best against a complete unknown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      when table is tight, then you can fold AK, since I doubt a lot of players would 3-bet here with AQ or other random hands, so you´re mostly against QQ+/AK.
      imo c/r is overplayed, it is hard worse Kx hands to call c/r, so if you´re going to check then c/c is better, but I don´t see why you should check with tptk, when any Kx hand would call you down
      So I´d bet/bet/bet for value all three streets.